ARCHIVED: [DEAD ROM] ThundeROM V1.8.3 4/5/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyspyder

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks so much for your hard work. 2 weeks ago i had a stock phone in a box, i've now flashed three of your roms starting with 1.3 and now am up to date w/ 1.5. I have had no issues w/ your instructions (im totally a n00b) or with any of the roms. Merry Christmas fellas thanks again.

firassasin

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Sprint TV

Weird, my sprint tv was gone post flash (had to wipe everything), so i went about my ways installing it. Now when i launchit, it gives me errors

first

Error MO2: There is a problem with the server. Please try again later.
occaisionally error M01: "same as mo2"

then when i try to watch something it comes up with
You are not authorized to use this application. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. (3000)

my luck :p

anyone else had issues with this?

user2555

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
hotspot security

hi, thanks for the rom. i really enjoy it. one thing, when i enable security for the mobile hotspot i can not get any computers to connect to it. i have tried 3 different PCs. the computers see the hotspot but will not connect when security is enabled. any ideas?

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Weird, my sprint tv was gone post flash (had to wipe everything), so i went about my ways installing it. Now when i launchit, it gives me errors

first

Error MO2: There is a problem with the server. Please try again later.
occaisionally error M01: "same as mo2"

then when i try to watch something it comes up with
You are not authorized to use this application. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. (3000)

my luck :p

anyone else had issues with this?

I just checked everything is working on my end. That sounds like a bad connection.I would try updating profile and prl to see if that helps any.

hi, thanks for the rom. i really enjoy it. one thing, when i enable security for the mobile hotspot i can not get any computers to connect to it. i have tried 3 different PCs. the computers see the hotspot but will not connect when security is enabled. any ideas?

Leave security disabled.

Stop you recommend to run this with the kernel too? Is it any more of a difference

Not sure what your sayig here but you can run any kernel you want. As long as its made for our phones.

Where can I find the dl for buildpropdeluxe. Or do I just flash 1.5 again n it will come up

They should all be on your sdcard if you have deleted them you can get them from here. http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...le-buildprop-edits-stock-stagefright-jit.html or reflashing the rom will place them onto your sdcard again.

Reactions: firassasin

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
security works for me. my laptop usually connects. sometimes when it connects its using a wrong ip so i have to force update it

start->cmd (as admin)
ipconfig /release Wireless*
ipconfig /renew Wireless*

annoying yes. better than someone running up your 3g? yes.

Reactions: beezy

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, my Ubuntu 10.10 laptop works fine with security turned on. At least it did with 1.4 - haven't tethered since upgrading to 1.5.

weenerdog3443

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I just checked everything is working on my end. That sounds like a bad connection.I would try updating profile and prl to see if that helps any.

Leave security disabled.

Not sure what your sayig here but you can run any kernel you want. As long as its made for our phones.

They should all be on your sdcard if you have deleted them you can get them from here. http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...le-buildprop-edits-stock-stagefright-jit.html or reflashing the rom will place them onto your sdcard again.

Thanks breezy... I dont even remember what I was talking about in the first one. I was running on no sleep and kinda outa it. but thanks for the stagefright thing. I also need to do the v1.2 recovery and the nthat.

tmeader

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
With stagefright enabled, I've noticed that I get a green band at the top of any video played through the Youtube app or the GiantBomb app (basically it seems to be any video streamed over the network). I'm seeing what's shown here: xda-developers - View Single Post - [HOWTO] JIT + Hardware acceleration + Fix (Quadrant - 1000+)

Would it be possible to enable the "fix" described later in the same thread?

"That's a known bug of stagefright, it was already fixed in recent versions though. Weird LG P500 still has it. Hopefully it will be fixed soon by LG in the forecoming fw.

media.stagefright.enable-player=true
media.stagefright.enable-http=false

These flags should withdraw the greenbar from youtube HD videos."

This thread is for an overseas version of what looks to be basically the same phone, so hopefully it would be applicable here.

Thanks.

firassasin

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I fixed my sprint tv! in a reallly ghetto fashion. If anyone else has had problems with sprint tv i have found a ghetto fix. By clearing the data on the app (in manage applications) i could get sprint tv to work for one go but the screen was off-center and wrongly sized. (would size correctly the second time but would not work). SO i got a different sprint tv app (yes there are different ones (i know wtf?)) This link is the sprint tv app from the htc hero (actually the entire rip of the phone)

DO NOT FLASH THIS ZIP TO YOUR PHONE.

http://www.androidspin.com/downloads.php?dir=drizzy/ROM/&file=sprint-hero-system.zip

^ all credit goes to SimonNWalker from XDA
DO NOT FLASH THIS ZIP TO YOUR PHONE.

simply extract it and retrieve the sprint TV application. Then put it in your system files yadi-yadi (for this i strongly suggest root manager, very well made app imo). This sprint TV app which looks slightly different and is 1/3 the size of the other sprint TV app will size correctly on the first go so you can watch sprint tv you simply must continually clear the data (fml). but a fix none-the-less for now.

im not sure how relevant this is to this thread, sorry if it is useless, my sprint tv broke after flashing thundeROM so if anyone else is struggling this, this fix what i came up with after like 8 hours of trying different apps, methods, and face-plaming.

so yup, havent even tried to put nascar or any other sprint apps on my phone and from this experience wont untill i get way bored >.> so give it like 11 hours xD

Edit: along the way Beezy recommended i update prl and profile (thank you) this did not work but for all i know could have contributed to the success of this other sprint TV app halfway working.

Last edited:

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
so what's the consensus? enable or disable JIT?

JIT is awesome. The question is enable or disable stagefright?

Answer: Do what you like. Stagefright helps some things and doesn't help others. If you have problems, shut it off or turn it on, whichever is the opposite of how it currently is, and see what happens.

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
With stagefright enabled, I've noticed that I get a green band at the top of any video played through the Youtube app or the GiantBomb app (basically it seems to be any video streamed over the network). I'm seeing what's shown here: xda-developers - View Single Post - [HOWTO] JIT + Hardware acceleration + Fix (Quadrant - 1000+)

Would it be possible to enable the "fix" described later in the same thread?

"That's a known bug of stagefright, it was already fixed in recent versions though. Weird LG P500 still has it. Hopefully it will be fixed soon by LG in the forecoming fw.

media.stagefright.enable-player=true
media.stagefright.enable-http=false

These flags should withdraw the greenbar from youtube HD videos."

This thread is for an overseas version of what looks to be basically the same phone, so hopefully it would be applicable here.

Thanks.

I could have sworn I saw someone say they did that here, (I think it was prittyboy?), and that it worked.

You do it by editing the build.prop file in /system/ (player is already true by the way, but so is http, so maybe making that false will work). I couldn't figure out how to edit build.prop in /system, (no root editing privileges maybe?). I tried to edit the one in the deluxe buildprop from the ThundeROM team, but ended up turning the .zip into a text file and borking it.

I'm too tired to do it right now, but I'd say an easy way to do it would be make a copy of the deluxe buildprop, edit the build.prop file in the zip file as you like, then copy to phone, reboot, flash, reboot.

tmeader

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I could have sworn I saw someone say they did that here, (I think it was prittyboy?), and that it worked.

You do it by editing the build.prop file in /system/ (player is already true by the way, but so is http, so maybe making that false will work). I couldn't figure out how to edit build.prop in /system, (no root editing privileges maybe?). I tried to edit the one in the deluxe buildprop from the ThundeROM team, but ended up turning the .zip into a text file and borking it.

I'm too tired to do it right now, but I'd say an easy way to do it would be make a copy of the deluxe buildprop, edit the build.prop file in the zip file as you like, then copy to phone, reboot, flash, reboot.

Tried that, but unfortunately it wouldn't let me flash the modified deluxe buildprob zip since the "Digest" no longer matched. Looks like this will have to be a change in the next version (hoping) :)

mxl360

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
So...If I flash ?

Buildpro = JIT
BuildpropDeluxe = JIT + Stage

and I can also go back to stock by flashing BuildPropStock_No-Jit stock anytime?

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Tried that, but unfortunately it wouldn't let me flash the modified deluxe buildprob zip since the "Digest" no longer matched. Looks like this will have to be a change in the next version (hoping) :)

OK, I have NO CLUE about this...I'm still definitely a neophyte, but if you disable the verification check in Custom Recovery, maybe then it will flash? (AGAIN, don't know if this will work or not! Or, hell, if it will be detrimental...)

weenerdog3443

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Well I have stagefright and JIT enabled on mine right now and it seems to be doing better than with stagefright disabled. I have yet to see the green bar that everyone talks about with youtube or videos. Sprint tv seems faster and more clear of a picture than when it was disabled. Games that I have played dont seem to slow down as much. and when in browser if I have multiple windows open and running it doesnt seem as slow as with it disabled. However it is 3 now and I unplugged my phone around 10 this morning and my battery is already at 34 so it seems that it is draining it faster

ichihollow

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
i have stagefright and jit, i'm over clocked and run with medium backlight, usually play music throughout my work shifts (around 6 or 7 hours), even download TR 1.4 via 3G and installed it at work, and still go from 10am to 9pm ish 10pm before my battery gets to the screaming point, but it's usually plugged back in when i get home or where ever else i'm going, but regardless 5 hours isn't right you probably have something running in the background that shouldn't be. Also if voice search is activated but in the background, it will drain the bat in 2 or so hours as well as producing a ton of heat, but that only happened to me back in TR1.3 so i don't know if that was a bug or my fault never bothered to report it because i never bothered to reproduce the error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick