Did you install todays software update even having a perfect TB?

iron mongoose

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Did you install todays software update even having a perfect

i just got phone today it started downloading when phone activated no issue to report yet
:D

jlmassey

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

After research, and calling, Hotspot even if phone is not OTA updated will be charged, it was a promotional, no update needed to show that your using hotspot data. They say that OTA is part of your contract to upkeep with the services, so they wont refund for hotspot use you have been notified as far as they know, with the update notice..
Now i don't believe this, and wtf? upkeep ? ONLY IF VERIZON did actually upkeep my phone. why would i be here looking for a fix to my problems.

Just relaying what a CSR Stated, I have found out some just rant cause their mad and think they know it all, but HEY it could have been some legit information!

Last edited:

bigsyd

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
It clearly states when you activate MHS that it is free for a limited time. Granted, being a technophile I know that period is technically over, but if my screen says free, its free. I dare them to charge me. On the flip side, I do intend to pay for the service once they force the update, but no sense in paying until absolutelt mandatory.

Same here. I get the same message when using MHS. So, I'm gonna use it for free til the cows come home.

I have a CLN replacement and it has never rebooted on its own. Just like you, I think I'm going to wait til My MHS promo runs out and then I will update.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tablet using Tapatalk

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

After research, and calling, Hotspot even if phone is not OTA updated will be charged, it was a promotional, no update needed to show that your using hotspot data. They say that OTA is part of your contract to upkeep with the services, so they wont refund for hotspot use you have been notified as far as they know, with the update notice..
Now i don't believe this, and wtf? upkeep ? ONLY IF VERIZON did actually upkeep my phone. why would i be here looking for a fix to my problems.

Just relaying what a CSR Stated, I have found out some just rant cause their mad and think they know it all, but HEY it could have been some legit information!

They csr ie either mis informed or a total ******. They aren't gonna charge people who theynever removed the provisioning on their account for the promo. Update or no update once the provisioning is removed in their system it will no longer work. Unless you do something to try to get around that like using a third party applications or hackyou are fine. However I believe the update has files needed to actually subscribe to the paid service (self provisioning)

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

CSR......When they talk all I hear is der,der der,der,der der. Then me........LOL,LOL,LOL "Are you serious".

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
They csr ie either mis informed or a total ******. They aren't gonna charge people who theynever removed the provisioning on their account for the promo. Update or no update once the provisioning is removed in their system it will no longer work. Unless you do something to try to get around that like using a third party applications or hackyou are fine. However I believe the update has files needed to actually subscribe to the paid service (self provisioning)
even if u do not accept the update at some point Verizon will force it to your phone and bill u for any hotspot data use.

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

even if u do not accept the update at some point Verizon will force it to your phone and bill u for any hotspot data use.

Can't be done, can't charge you for someting they offered for free,SORRY. If it gets forced to the phone it will shut down the free Mobile Hot Spot, then you will have to call in get it turned then they can charge you for it.

TootNBerry

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Had no issues went ahead and installed it, seems to hold going from 4g to 3g areas much better no reboots..

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

cliffh44

Banned
Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

I'm waiting to see how things work out. I got my bolt on Father's Day and haven't had many issues with it. I've only had 2 or 3 random reboots and it's been on battery (4G) for the past 28 hrs. The battery indicator has dropped 4 bars. It's been a quiet day today without much use though.

Last edited:

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

For all those who are clinging tenaciously to their "free wifi hotspot" WAKE UP! You are going to lose it whether you like it or not. You will NOT be charged for using it until it is disconnected on your device, but rest assured, it WILL be disconnected. When you are no longer entitled to this service you will NOT be charged without notice for continuing to use it, it will just NOT work. You will be redirected if you try to launch it to a screen that advises you to call or go online to order the service. That is all. The black helicopters have left the area. Carry on.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

It will stop working first and you will need to consent to be charged before it will work again.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

For all those who are clinging tenaciously to their "free wifi hotspot" WAKE UP! You are going to lose it whether you like it or not. You will NOT be charged for using it until it is disconnected on your device, but rest assured, it WILL be disconnected. When you are no longer entitled to this service you will NOT be charged without notice for continuing to use it, it will just NOT work. You will be redirected if you try to launch it to a screen that advises you to call or go online to order the service. That is all. The black helicopters have left the area. Carry on.

LOL though completely correct.

Verizon is in the process of removing the provisioning for the free hotspot and when they get to you, it will stop working, update or no update.

RideMadone#AC

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

I thought mine was great before but is is better now. I wasn't having any problems before but is a little better now. GPS worked fine before, but now it locks on even faster. My battery was OK before, but now lasts even longer. I no longer have to switch off 4G to make my battery last. I like the update and look forward to Gingerbread.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

CSR......When they talk all I hear is der,der der,der,der der. Then me........LOL,LOL,LOL "Are you serious".

In all fairness there are some CSR's who are reliable who tell us what they know but are not afraid to tell us that they don't know something or that they are not sure about something. They just seem to be in the minority :(

RSchmidt624

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

never had one reboot with my TB, I bought it at release. Installed the update this morning and just noticed better battery life. Everything is still fantastic.

BostonBeats88

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

never had one reboot with my TB, I bought it at release. Installed the update this morning and just noticed better battery life. Everything is still fantastic.

I haven't updated yet but if there is a promise of better bat life I am definitely in.

Klobius

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

I haven't updated yet but if there is a promise of better bat life I am definitely in.
I agree with that. Hopefully the update will find its way to my TB sooner rather than later because I am definitely in the boot-and-reboot club.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky