Dinc 2 = 3G Thunderbolt?

chassum

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
So, coming from the Eris (which has less than half the RAM, mem, etc. and no SD card apps). Just what kind of real-world storage capability can I expect from the Dinc2?

mturco

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
So, coming from the Eris (which has less than half the RAM, mem, etc. and no SD card apps). Just what kind of real-world storage capability can I expect from the Dinc2?

Apps will run a lot smoother and everything will feel quicker because it will be able to keep more apps running at once. Whereas on your Eris (and my Droid), since there's much less RAM for the system to use, it kills apps much more quickly and then has to completely reload them when you come back to them.

That's basically the only difference but it's a big one.

Edit: Just realized you were asking about more than just RAM. The Incredible 2 is likely going to come with a 16GB microSD card, so there's that. So like 17GB of storage if you want to count the onboard storage (which you should use exclusively for apps).

Reactions: chassum

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Battery life will be better on the new Incredible 2 than on the Thunderbolt. 4g uses more juice for one thing. It is a more powerful device as it does more than the Incredible, but that does not make it a lesser device. I have the original and I love it and probably will upgrade to the Incredible 2 when I upgrade. I do like the fact the TB can use data and voice over 3g at the same time. A customer care rep had said the Incredible will do this over WIFI but I don't think she knew what she was talking about. I was asking her questions and she was very unsure of herself.
I do have an extended 1800 mAh battery for my Incredible and it is thin, so no extra size back cover is needed and it lasts me up to 15 hours. I love HTC devices. You can't go wrong with either device. It is all about what you want from your device. It is personal choice and only you can make that decision. Best to wait and see them side by side and then make your choice. The 28th will soon be here to see the new Incredible.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Battery life will be better on the new Incredible 2 than on the Thunderbolt. 4g uses more juice for one thing. It is a more powerful device as it does more than the Incredible, but that does not make it a lesser device. I have the original and I love it and probably will upgrade to the Incredible 2 when I upgrade. I do like the fact the TB can use data and voice over 3g at the same time. A customer care rep had said the Incredible will do this over WIFI but I don't think she knew what she was talking about. I was asking her questions and she was very unsure of herself.
I do have an extended 1800 mAh battery for my Incredible and it is thin, so no extra size back cover is needed and it lasts me up to 15 hours. I love HTC devices. You can't go wrong with either device. It is all about what you want from your device. It is personal choice and only you can make that decision. Best to wait and see them side by side and then make your choice. The 28th will soon be here to see the new Incredible.

You can talk and surf over Wi-Fi with the Incredible! Trust me...I know;)

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
You can talk and surf over Wi-Fi with the Incredible! Trust me...I know;)

Yep, I do this all the time. Throws me off when I am not connected to Wi-Fi, and I suddenly can't talk and forward an email at the same time. Hehe

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
OK, i know the thunderbolt has sense 2.0 but i thought the incredible2 had sense 2.1 or something.

edit:
if you look at incredible S videos, in the pull down notification bar, it has a scrolling list of apps or toggles. Does the Thunderbolt have this?

Last edited:

aquaj13

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
i have the thunderbolt now on day 2 of my 14 day trial. The battery is great but the signal is horrible. I am going to call verizon tom, if this can't be fixed i will be swapping for the INC2 on thursday.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
OK, i know the thunderbolt has sense 2.0 but i thought the incredible2 had sense 2.1 or something.

edit:
if you look at incredible S videos, in the pull down notification bar, it has a scrolling list of apps or toggles. Does the Thunderbolt have this?

yes it does.

I have the Dinc2 rom booting on the TB :D

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Is pressing and holding the home button bringin up the "Recent Apps" new too? Very Blackberryesque and I like it :D

no that is not a new feature. that is on Sense 1.0 as well. however on Sense 2.0 it shows the last 8 apps you've used instead of only 6 apps

mturco

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
It's actually just an Android feature (not specific to HTC Sense phones) and has been for as long as I've been using Android (so as far back as 2.0).