Do any of you use micro SD card?

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I've used a Samsung High Speed 64 GB media card since they sent me one to go with the S8+ when I upgraded back in the day. It also came with 6 months of free Netflix service, which, with two upgrades, gave us a full year of it free.

My camera is set to store images, and Chrome downloads, and I'm only at about 43% storage used. It is nice to be able to move all of that without restoring to the phone itself.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I do even though I have plenty of internal storage. I use it mostly for high resolution music files and to back up other important stuff. I don't need it because of lack of space because I have 512GB internal.

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I got a phone with 256GB of UFS 3.0 storage so I could finally say goodbye to the premature-death-ridden world of memory cards and the inconvenience that results. That and I can't use a memory card if I am using both SIM slots in my phone ;)

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I do. When it comes time to switch phones, it drastically cuts down on setup time because I'm not having to transfer all my files from one phone to the other, or re-download them from cloud backups. Plus, I typically get close to filling my internal storage.

Jerry Schuller

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
My 10+ is rooted, so I do TWRP and Titanium backups to the SD Card. If I have a problem with the phone or it breaks, I can restore all the apps and settings without losing anything. I also have pictures and music on the SD Card. I have a lot of room on my internal storage.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
Flagships these days have enormous storage options, especially Galaxy S phones which offer a generous 128GB as base.

But if you switch phones often for whatever reason, it can be handy to have that data on the SD card.

wenso smith

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
MicroSD is a type of removable flash memory card used for storing information. SD is an abbreviation of Secure Digital, and microSD cards are sometimes referred to as uSD The cards are used in mobile phones and other mobile devices.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I still use the MicroSD-Card. I have the 256GB Note 10+ , but have a 125GB MicroSD-card onboard. It's where my photos go and other backups.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a 256gb Samsung micro sd card in the Note 10 plus 5G 256gb, sd card is hardly used but I do like the option.

cknobman

May 15, 2018
Visit site
No I took mine out when I realized I was not even using half my phones storage.

Since then I've noticed that running everything off internal storage makes the phone and apps faster along with being more stable.

Storage on phones has gotten to the point where micro sd cards are not required for me anymore.

MatroxD

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I have the 256gb variant, but I still use micro SD, simply because we(wife and me) record a lot of videos. For that purpose alone, it comes in handy(that and music backup).

Mu Phil

Jul 8, 2020
Visit site
I have it , but it is less useful given the big internal storage, it would help if am out for vacay and need to take lot of photos and video.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz