Do Not Disturb

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I love this feature especially at night when I sleep. I just have one problem, I would like one app to be usable while Do Not Disturb is on. I searched the phone high and low and either it cannot happen or I totally missed it.

So is this possible to do or once DND is up that's it?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I love this feature especially at night when I sleep. I just have one problem, I would like one app to be usable while Do Not Disturb is on. I searched the phone high and low and either it cannot happen or I totally missed it.

So is this possible to do or once DND is up that's it?
Call you explain "useable"? What do you want to do. You can use all apps when you have DND on. You can even allow all notification in silent mode when DND is on. So you still get and see all of them, they just won't sound or buzz.

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
I was told by a nurse to try and use sounds/music to help me try to fall asleep. One of the issues is that I turn on DND and have it set to only take phone calls from numbers I have saved. All I want is to play music for an hour or so and see if this helps me with sleeping. Turning off DND is not an option since this phone like to make random notification noises even when there is no notification. This of course take me right out of falling asleep to being wide awake again.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I was told by a nurse to try and use sounds/music to help me try to fall asleep. One of the issues is that I turn on DND and have it set to only take phone calls from numbers I have saved. All I want is to play music for an hour or so and see if this helps me with sleeping. Turning off DND is not an option since this phone like to make random notification noises even when there is no notification. This of course take me right out of falling asleep to being wide awake again.
DND allows for music no issues. You should be able to open your app and play your music. I have my DND all day long and play Google music all the time.

Screenshot_20190907-223339_Settings.jpeg

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the help. Not sure how I missed the media section under the exceptions. I really think I am starting to lose my mind.

That sounds worth investigating and fixing. I imagine it's annoying even during the day when you don't have DND engaged.

I think the sounds are from the phone losing signal and whatnot. I look at the phone after a notification sound and nothing listed. It sucks that the notification sound is used for every notification.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12