Do you feel let down by Motorola with the Bionic?

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I called Verizon today, after about 4 people and 50ish minuites they agreed to send me a Nexus. Also after telling them about the extended battery i just got for my Bionic, they are sending me a free one too. Long story short if you don't like your phone Verizon will give you a different one so you are happy,.:)

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

mbentley3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Enjoy my Bionic, guess ive been lucky because i havent experienced hardly any data drop issues.

The only thing im disappointed about is the locked bootloader and lack of development currently. Think the only active ROM dev team is Eclipse and even they have been pretty quiet lately.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

chris4404

May 13, 2010
Visit site
My last ditch effort is ICS. I really hope it happens sooner rather than later. If not I'm not sure.....it seems a bit scammy to beg for a Nexus.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
My Bionic has been solid. Yes, it has it's quirks, but so has every other Android phone I've owned since the Eris. I have the extended battery, rooted and have bloat frozen and I'm getting 18-24 hour battery life with moderate usage.

FastMoneyPlaya

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
My son has the Galaxy Nexus and I have thought about switching out my Bionic for one. Besides ICS, it doesn't really seem any better than the Bionic. The battery life isn't that great, and it seems to lose 4G signal as much as my Bionic does. I think the problem with the 4G/3G data drop has more to do with Verizon's network being spotty than it does with the phone not working properly.

I think I am going to wait for something better than the Galaxy Nexus to come out before I upgrade the Bionic since it doesn't seem like the perfect phone exists yet.

zachthebomb13

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
FYI, there is, and never will be the perfect phone.

I thought I'd reveal this to everyone.
I'm happy with my bionic, can't wait to see what cool stuff comes out in the next 12 months when it's time for me to upgrade again.

Kc2win

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I had my Bionic for about three weeks and so far I am loving it. So far it has been flawless. It has been a steep learning curve since I came from an old blackberry storm.

I just ordered my Bionic and I am coming from a BB Storm too. My big concern is the quality of the music player, and the connectivity issues so many people have. Cant wait till the Fed Ex truck pulls up with my new toy.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered my Bionic and I am coming from a BB Storm too. My big concern is the quality of the music player, and the connectivity issues so many people have. Cant wait till the Fed Ex truck pulls up with my new toy.

Why the Bionic and not one of the newer Motorola 4G LTE phones?

SCXR

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I just bought a used (like new) Bionic on Ebay. It should be here on Friday. I currently have the iPhone 4S and the Thunderbolt before that. I'm a tech addict and like to try out different phones. I heard a lot of similar complaints about the Thunderbolt but that was one of the most reliable phones I've owned. I sold it to a friend and he constantly complains about issues that I didn't have. Not sure why that is. I do take the time to research issues and almost always find a solution. I'm looking forward to the Bionic. Bigger screen, better browser, and faster internet speed than the iPhone 4S. That's not a knock on the iPhone. To me, phones are like woman. They're all different but still nice to play around with. Most of them that is!

pmcardle

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't think the Bionic got the love it deserved. It is a fine phone and I personally havn't had any issues with it (sorry to those who have..). They push these phones out too quickly and get you all excited about the phone you thought was the newest wiz bang thing and then something new comes out.. WTH? They shoudl have let the Bionic shine a little, then maybe all those little bugs woudl have gotten more attention. Now it seems forgotten..too bad.

underdonk

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: quickly pushing out phones - Motorola will stop doing it when people stop buying them. Making an existing phone better for customers who have already bought it does nothing for the bottom line. It's amazing the number of people these days that are realizing that they hate capitalism. :)

...but yeah, the I love my BIONIC. I have no issues and it proves day in and day out to be a workhorse of a phone. The only thing I wish it had that it doesn't is a hardware camera button. Something I can totally live without, though.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: quickly pushing out phones - Motorola will stop doing it when people stop buying them. Making an existing phone better for customers who have already bought it does nothing for the bottom line. It's amazing the number of people these days that are realizing that they hate capitalism. :)

Good news for all (I guess) is that Motorola announced at CES that they will be drastically slowing the release of new equipment in 2012. I still think that the release madness had more to do with Verizon wanting LTE phones and the issues developing reliable handsets with the new radio equipment.

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
My experience has been great, only Data drops I've had has been due to Verizon not my phone. It's fast, responsive even with the bloatware and I refuse to try to sell my Bionic for $200-300 just to turn around to pay the difference on a phone with slightly better specs and a set of different issues when my contract is up is when I'll invest in something new. My only concern was with NFL Mobile and why the video qaulity was subpar but when I tried it on the Nexus, Rezound, Spectrum it still looked the same..so far as I'm concerned the Bionic was and still a top LTE phone to get...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvltech