Do you feel let down by Motorola with the Bionic?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
My only grip about the bionic(and the atrix and any other pentile rgbw displays) is when you read colored text on a white background, you see the pixels bleeding into the white background. I have 20/15 vision and it's easily noticible..

outside of that, I like it's form factor, I like the accessories.. it's fast enough for me.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My only grip about the bionic(and the atrix and any other pentile rgbw displays) is when you read colored text on a white background, you see the pixels bleeding into the white background. I have 20/15 vision and it's easily noticible..

outside of that, I like it's form factor, I like the accessories.. it's fast enough for me.

20/15 gives you macro vision? :eek:

I have 20/15 vision as well, but I have really never noticed.

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Answering the original question.... HHHHEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLL no, I don't feel let down. I love this piece of hardware! It does more and more every day! Razr, Razr Maxx, Nexus, those are all good phones too, I'm sure, but I wouldn't trade my Bionic for them!

Syounger64

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Same here with my phone. Im very happy with it. The connection issue is a Verizon issue not the phone. Im staying with this phone at least through this year.

aximtreo

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I wonder whether most of the dissappointment on the Bionic comes from those users that root or somehow make changes to the stock phone. It seems to me that the happy users are running stock and the unhappy ones have modified the phone somehow.

Just a thought.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I wonder whether most of the dissappointment on the Bionic comes from those users that root or somehow make changes to the stock phone. It seems to me that the happy users are running stock and the unhappy ones have modified the phone somehow.

I don't think that's it. There are plenty of threads that report stock users with multiple replacements and multiple SIM cards who have had random data drops, black screen of death problems, etc. My own experience was multiple random data drops on a completely stock Bionic, with one factory reset to rule that out, in the 12 days that I had it - so I traded mine in. I know that Moto and Verizon are working hard to make these problems a think of the past, but they remain.

srayjacobs

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Not at all. The newer phones look really good but I'm very satisfied with the bionic. Took a while to get it set up with all the accessories & it does just what i want.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Bobsacto

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I know some complain about the display but, at least for me, the Bionic is the first phone I have had that I can see the display in bright sunlight and I go back to Pac Bell cellular (AirTouch) and phone about the size of a small briefcase.

EnergyPlus

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I think the display on the Bionic is better than that of the Razr. As a professional photographer of thirty years, I am quite fussy Abbott image quality. I have a black and white photo on my Website. It appears very similar in tone as that on my calibrated every two weeks desktop monitor on the Bionic but the Razr's have a heavy green bias. Saturation is overblown, too. The only thing I found that appeared better was the Jesus phone, which does have, if nothing else, a great display. I have looked at Razrs in multiple stores now and they all have the same, ugly green tint.

Last edited:

SCXR

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Bionic for a few days now. So far, not one problem. I downloaded Juice Defender Plus to help with the battery life and Go Launcher EX for my home launcher. Great phone so far. I hope it stays that way!

I actually prefer it to the Razr. It feels better to hold and their isn't a noticeable difference in performance.

Boogan1

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't feel let down at all. The bionic is my first smart phone, but I rooted it, have it rom'd and themed and am having a lot of fun with it, not to mention that I have had no problems at all with data drop, specially since rooting, or battery life, again since rooting and freezing all the bloat. I hope someday they do release ICS for the bionic, but personally I hope they do it after they have all the bugs worked out of it. For now Gingerbread is working great but I think this phone was designed with ICS in its future since ICS will fully utilize that dual core processor. I looked seriously at the Razr before buying the bionic and with almost identical components inside and only marginal dimension differences, what sold me was that I can change the battery and put a bigger sd card in the bionic and can't in the razr.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I especially feel let down now that Motorola's coming out with a "dev" version of the RAZR? what the!?!???????

It just boggles my mind that we are letting manufacturers get away with this. There is 0 difference between this and buying a Dell Laptop and having Dell lock you to only being able to install XP or Ubuntu.. yet we allow phone manufacturers do this.

We can vote.. vote with our dollars. When Verizon see's people no longer buy Motorola phones, they'll change their ways.

So long Motorola.. I hope you go down the tubes again.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Motorola isn't doing well, they lost 84 million this past quarter. It seems like they are trying to run the company into the ground. Maybe Sanjay Jha knows he is going to get fired when Google takes over. I will declare it a national holiday, the day that d-bag is fired. I can't wait to go back to HTC. My Bionic is running good, but Moto doesn't appreciate their customers.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
The problem is these manufacturers dont think "we" are their customers.. the ones who wind up with their hardware. They think Verizon... AT&T.. Tmobile, is their customer and could care less about us.

Their LOSS is because people are shying away from their devices due to their stupid locked/encrypted BL policy.

Look at Samsung?? they sold 7 times as many phones as Motorola.. and why? Because their BL's can be unlocked.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Yea I agree. I am never buying a non-developer friendly phone again. If I did business the way Moto did, I would be broke and jobless, lol. You gotta keep the consumer happy.

ngc457

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
The problem is these manufacturers dont think "we" are their customers.. the ones who wind up with their hardware. They think Verizon... AT&T.. Tmobile, is their customer and could care less about us.

Their LOSS is because people are shying away from their devices due to their stupid locked/encrypted BL policy.

Look at Samsung?? they sold 7 times as many phones as Motorola.. and why? Because their BL's can be unlocked.

While it maybe true that samsung is doing better in sales than Motorola I doubt the bootloader has anything to do with it. Most people who buy android phones have no clue what a bootloader is, what rooting is, or what a rom is. They just want a phone that looks good, and gives them a good experience. The fact that Samsung has better camera will account for far more sales than the bootloader.

I used to root and rom. I installed more roms than you can shake a stick at on my incredible. Had fun but I have been there and done that. The thrill is gone. All roms fixed something and broke something and none including cyanogenmod were as stable as stock. My bionic is not rooted, won't be rooted nor will I install roms. I don't care about the bootloader. I just want to call my wife and my mom, send email, discover the names of birds with ibird pro and control my telescope with Skysafari pro. Those thrills are better than installing a custom rom and wake up late because the phone froze and my alarm didn't go off.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
You can't deny that an unlocked bootloader does help sell devices.

Samsung does have a larger prescence in Europe than Motorola, but still, Motorola could offset some of that by unlocking the bootloader instead of forcing us into the hands of it's competitors.

I myself want an unlocked BL so I can run whatever kernel I want, regardless if I actually do so or not.

As I said before, I would never buy a laptop or a computer that had a locked MBR that forced you to stay on XP or Ubuntu.. yet we're doing it with our phones.

Shankster

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Over at the Moto forum the forum manager made the statement that they (moto) were in the final stages of an update for the bionic. Of course no date on when that update will happen. Their main focus was on the radio but other updates too. We will see.

Stelv

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
At least they are working on something. My problems were fixed with the leaked update like a month ago anyways. I wonder what is taking them so long to release a radio update. Maybe they want to launch 8 more versions of the razr before they work on the bionic lol.

Also I have never seen rom development so low on a device before. At least we have hashcode and nitro still. Hopefully it picks back up again.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware