Do you feel let down by Motorola with the Bionic?

TitaniumMan

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I was trying to be optimistic with the device and couldnt take it no more. I jumped ship and got a HTC Rezound which I love!!

So, yeah Motorola was a big let down and changed my thinking about their products. Rush rush rush, no thought in it. Also pissing alot of people off by bringing new devices almost like every month which is bad market tactic..

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I was trying to be optimistic with the device and couldnt take it no more. I jumped ship and got a HTC Rezound which I love!!

So, yeah Motorola was a big let down and changed my thinking about their products. Rush rush rush, no thought in it. Also pissing alot of people off by bringing new devices almost like every month which is bad market tactic..

Same here. I instead chose to go with the Nexus.

Motorola continues to crank out new phones too fast. Now there is talk of yet another RAZR being released that is supposed to have an unlocked bootloader and is a "developers" phone.

EnergyPlus

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
I am with you on all points. I suspect the vast majority of owners want the exact same thing. I would add fast internet and good display to that (reliability goes without saying.) Sammy has done a better job of marketing and defining their niche AND trading in on their good name with televisions, which Moto does not have. What I don't understand and is a peeve of mine, is why more people are not complaining about the God-awful, SuperAMOLED DISPLAYS! I hated them on Sammys and hate them on Razrs, I just don't get it. Even when I mention this to salespeople, they're clueless until I do a side by side comparison. I had my fave rep say to me last week, "I will never look at my screen the same way again, you've ruined me." Reviewers ignore it too, so I guess the public at large will follow the "ignorance is bliss" motto. Ok, side vent over.....for now.

While it maybe true that samsung is doing better in sales than Motorola I doubt the bootloader has anything to do with it. Most people who buy android phones have no clue what a bootloader is, what rooting is, or what a rom is. They just want a phone that looks good, and gives them a good experience. The fact that Samsung has better camera will account for far more sales than the bootloader.

I used to root and rom. I installed more roms than you can shake a stick at on my incredible. Had fun but I have been there and done that. The thrill is gone. All roms fixed something and broke something and none including cyanogenmod were as stable as stock. My bionic is not rooted, won't be rooted nor will I install roms. I don't care about the bootloader. I just want to call my wife and my mom, send email, discover the names of birds with ibird pro and control my telescope with Skysafari pro. Those thrills are better than installing a custom rom and wake up late because the phone froze and my alarm didn't go off.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware