Do you have a Note 3? What's your thoughts on it?

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I went in to an AT&T store today to try to get some sort of a discount and apparently my $ isn't good enough. LoL I guess I'll wait for my pre order Spigen case and screen protector to come in and then I'll fork over the $ and buy it. But really AT&T, you couldn't even wave me the tax???!!! Geez... the greedy doing what they do best.

AndyLu

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I've never seen a att store wave taxes. They can't control that. Activation fee's yes

Posted via Android Central App

DrewDT

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I went in to an AT&T store today to try to get some sort of a discount and apparently my $ isn't good enough. LoL I guess I'll wait for my pre order Spigen case and screen protector to come in and then I'll fork over the $ and buy it. But really AT&T, you couldn't even wave me the tax???!!! Geez... the greedy doing what they do best.

I must have missed something, you were expecting a discount simply because you walked in and asked them for one? Wave the tax? The tax is determined by the state and unless a vendor has a sale going on where they explicitly state they will eat the tax, it isn't realistic to expect them to do that.
Do you have some sort of corporate membership that has a discount attached to it? I don't understand your post.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
What? They wanted you to pay money? Aw man.. That sucks.

And waive taxes? I don't think they can or ever will do that lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

JoeyyNY

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Lol @ Comments... When I went to go get my note 3 I got a 15% Discount (Tmobile) because I have a city job I believe...

Sent From My Lighting Fast Galaxy Note 3 & Galaxy Note 8.0.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Seriously? Sorry but who do you think you are? It's not "let's make a deal" here buddy...you went into a store expecting a brand new device at a discounted price just because?

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Wow... ok. 1, we're still in a recession and thought they'd want to make a sale. 2, what ever happen to making the customer happy? It doesn't hurt to ask, but figured since they rip us off on the headphones they'd try to make it right. I was just asking who got it and if they're happy with it. That's what this post was about.

UsedName

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Wow... ok. 1, we're still in a recession and thought they'd want to make a sale. 2, what ever happen to making the customer happy? It doesn't hurt to ask, but figured since they rip us off on the headphones they'd try to make it right. I was just asking who got it and if they're happy with it. That's what this post was about.

I have it and like it...and I'm coming from the Note 2.
The display on it is gorgeous and the features are awesome!! Just go buy it and don't complain about the price....don't be "That GUY!" ;)

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
The display on it is gorgeous and the features are awesome!! Just go buy it and don't complain about the price....don't be "That GUY!" ;)

I didn't get to play with it, but I did notice the nice display screen. I figured since on contract they're $300 and $725 off, there's room to make a deal. I guess it's a sin on here to ask for a discount on a phone, my apologies guys! ;)

SuperTongue

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

While I don't have it, BestBuy did have the AT&T version on display today. All I gotta say is damn. The one thing I hate about my Note 2 is how cheap it feels. The plastic is just... bad. After picking up the Note 3 today, I've confirmed (for myself) that the $350 I'm dropping on it is totally worth it. The back cover solves my "grip" problem with the Note 2 and also makes it just feel like a solid device.

All the software and features are just sweet. And despite incredibly sloppy handwriting, the action memo worked perfectly as well! If you've got a BestBuy nearby, might as well make the trip if you're like me and am on Verizon. Of course, it might make that few-day wait just a little bit harder.

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I didn't get to play with it, but I did notice the nice display screen. I figured since on contract they're $300 and $725 off, there's room to make a deal. I guess it's a sin on here to ask for a discount on a phone, my apologies guys! ;)

Making deals is what eBay and Craigslist are for.

:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using AC Forums mobile app

timetopaythefiddler

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I got this phone yesturday and the stock internet has NO flash! Even my S4 has that! So annoying having to look up how to add flash, what browser to use. That shouldnt be happening. Also the size is scary for me, Im used to my S4. Just my thoughts on it so far.
ETA: After restarting my phone once all the updates downloaded, the internet worked like a charm! I deleted the Adobe flash I had downloaded and the internet still worked. So weird!!😞😯

Last edited:

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I got this phone yesturday and the stock internet has NO flash! Even my S4 has that! So annoying having to look up how to add flash, what browser to use. That shouldnt be happening. Also the size is scary for me, Im used to my S4. Just my thoughts on it so far.

Weird. I remember we all had that issue with the N2. How did you fix it and why wouldn't it come with it? I thought the N3 was going to be the sane as the S4 but with an S Pen and bigger screen.

int_architect

May 15, 2010
Visit site

Nothing wrong with asking for a discount. I would've done the same. However, taxes are state mandated and are not negotiable. Should've asked them to waive the activation fee.

3VO via Android Central App

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Nothing wrong with asking for a discount. I would've done the same. However, taxes are state mandated and are not negotiable. Should've asked them to waive the activation fee.

3VO via Android Central App

Thanks. And I forgot about the lame activation fee. I'll ask for that because they did it last time when I complained about the headphones.

ska916jedi

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Trying to haggle on a $700 item is commendable in my opinion. Great job not being a sheep, good try!

If the price difference wasn't so drastic on the contract price and not contract it wouldn't be an issue. LoL Oh, and when I say wave the tax, I meant an 8% discount. That's how you get around it. We do a fireworks booth every year and that's our gimmick to sell more. 8% off, thats no tax! :p

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newuser93939