Do you have a Note 3? What's your thoughts on it?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I picked up a few days ago and love the little change Samsung made in Build Quality.

Software, I don't spend much time with TouchWiz not even the new S-Pen features. I installed Nova Launcher Prime after opening and customized it.

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
TouchWiz is the name of Samsung's stock launcher. It controls the look and design of the UI. All Samsung phones have it. Many do not like it because of how it looks and features it changes. Personally, I hate that Samsung disables wallpaper scroll as it is one of my favorite features. I use Nova Launcher because of that.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk 4

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
TouchWiz is the name of Samsung's stock launcher. It controls the look and design of the UI. All Samsung phones have it. Many do not like it because of how it looks and features it changes. Personally, I hate that Samsung disables wallpaper scroll as it is one of my favorite features. I use Nova Launcher because of that.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk 4
Nova and other launchers ad so much that is missing in TouchWiz that I honestly think they only way folks would stick with the TouchWiz launcher is out of not knowing (I won't use the word "ignorance") about Nova, Apex, ADW, or Go Launcher Prime. Why anyone would prefer TouchWiz' launcher to the aforementioned is baffling.

maxx71

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Got my Note 3 a couple of weeks back and am coming from a Blackberry Q10. I am still learning the ropes but find it to be an Awesome device to say the least.

DINGSTER1

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine today! Nice phone. Not as unwieldy as I thought one I got the gesture down to work the minimized screen. Still playing with setup. Added Nova. Waiting for cases...

Sent from my iPad

ewgrosschris

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I got one 2 days ago. I'm coming from an HTC one. And here is my thoughts.

Here is the things I hate about it.
- Camera, this is the number one most dissapointing thing about this phone coming from the HTC one. Every Picture is blurry. I havn't took a single picture I have liked.
- Still not crazy about the Samsung's colors, but it's growing on me.
-Audio isnt even in the same league as the HTC One.
- Weak signal strength, this is the most frustrating thing about my whole experience. I feel as if I traded in for a phone that gets hardly any service and might as well not have any camera.
- Constant messages of Samsung apps force quitting when I'm never even used them before.
- Holding down the home button brings me to S-Voice not google now.
-Samsung Bloatware.

Hopefully these issues can be fixed via software updates soon.

Pro's

I love the long battery life
I love the giant screen.
I love the S Pen.
I love the raw power of this device.

Just my opinion tho.

MastaCow53

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried HBOGO? I hear it doesn't work on the N3. I don't know if that's with certain carriers or somehow just the phone. I use MAXgo and HBOGO on my N2 all the time.

HBO GO doesn't work with my Sprint Note 3. It starts to load a movie, then it crashes....every time. Hopefully an update will cure this.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Nova and other launchers ad so much that is missing in TouchWiz that I honestly think they only way folks would stick with the TouchWiz launcher is out of not knowing (I won't use the word "ignorance") about Nova, Apex, ADW, or Go Launcher Prime. Why anyone would prefer TouchWiz' launcher to the aforementioned is baffling.

I've never used one of the launchers that you listed. I was interested in trying different launchers in the past on different occasions. When I read the descriptions of the popular launchers in the Play Store, none of them seemed to offer anything compelling enough for me to want to change from Touchwiz. I positively hated Sense on the HTC phones, but still wasn't interested enough to try those launchers.

I have used SSLauncher after I rooted a couple of my Samsung phones, though I don't think that this launcher requires root. The biggest thing that I liked about SSLauncher was that I could change the icons from pictorial icons to written icons. Some of those other launchers may do this, but I didn't see it in the descriptions when I read them in the Play Store.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Any one have the Invisible Shield on there N3? If so how is it?

Yeahp. On day one I had it installed. It's very nice and does negatively affect the S-Pen (the S-Pen doesn't "grab" or "stick" on it). It's also ultra clear and doesn't affect the clarity of the screen.

Nexus 7

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I've never used one of the launchers that you listed. I was interested in trying different launchers in the past on different occasions. When I read the descriptions of the popular launchers in the Play Store, none of them seemed to offer anything compelling enough for me to want to change from Touchwiz. I positively hated Sense on the HTC phones, but still wasn't interested enough to try those launchers.

I have used SSLauncher after I rooted a couple of my Samsung phones, though I don't think that this launcher requires root. The biggest thing that I liked about SSLauncher was that I could change the icons from pictorial icons to written icons. Some of those other launchers may do this, but I didn't see it in the descriptions when I read them in the Play Store.

You should try some of these out when you have some time. They really do add some functionality. More home screens, more dock pages, infinite scrolling on the home screens and docks, customizable home screen grids...the list goes on and on.

Nexus 7

JawjaBill

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I am finally happy with direct sunlight performance. I don't have to flash all of these blacked apps to enable the amoled screen in bright outside conditions. The blacked out apps are cool so I will probably flash them anyway.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

- Camera, this is the number one most dissapointing thing about this phone coming from the HTC one. Every Picture is blurry. I havn't took a single picture I have liked.
- Weak signal strength, this is the most frustrating thing about my whole experience. I feel as if I traded in for a phone that gets hardly any service and might as well not have any camera.
- Constant messages of Samsung apps force quitting when I'm never even used them before.
-Samsung Bloatware.

Pro's

I love the giant screen.
I love the S Pen.

Just my opinion tho.

If all your pictures are blurry I would take it back,, something is obviously wrong with it.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

infinity12402

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

-Samsung Bloatware.

Pro's

I love the giant screen.
I love the S Pen.

Just my opinion tho.

either youre doing something wrong, or theres something wrong with the camera. and you cant really compare anything to the htc one in terms of sound. the thing has two giant beats audio speakers on the front. of course nothing is going to sound as good as it.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
either youre doing something wrong, or theres something wrong with the camera. and you cant really compare anything to the htc one in terms of sound. the thing has two giant beats audio speakers on the front. of course nothing is going to sound as good as it.

Some people have reported some plastic film over their lens which is not easily detectable unless you are looking for it.
Sounds like the OP's phone needs a reset.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Some people have reported some plastic film over their lens which is not easily detectable unless you are looking for it.
Sounds like the OP's phone needs a reset.

Sorry. I meant ewgrosschris, not OP. Forum wouldn't let me edit.

dcooper830

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I've had my VZW Note 3 since October 10th.
The first week I was getting to know it and every little thing that was slightly wrong freaked me out lol!

I can't even remember what small issues I had cause I quickly worked them out.

I experience a slight lag (1/2 second or so from time to time which I consider totally negligable... but never had any lag on my Note 2.

Call quality is great. Sound is just as good as my Note 2. Camera is just as good as my Note 2 but with more features.

Screen is beautiful and rich looking. Total eye candy! Internet is fast. Overall operation switching between apps and screens is very fast.
I love the My Magazine! I use it all the time.
I love the Pen Window feature! I use that all the time.
Wi Fi works great!!
I don't like the eraser in S-Note. Absolutely horrible I don't know what they were thinking!
I miss Pop Up browser ... I wish it had that. But can always use Pen Window to open up a floating browser.
Sometimes when I press the sleep button it takes 1 or 2 seconds to turn off.
Two weeks on.. I'm extremely happy with this phone!! Not a single regret here!!
I lucked out and got a good one!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newuser93939