Does anyone have WIFI problem like I do on nexus 7?

NicGRANT

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes, just bought direct from Google, August 23 2012 would not operate via my router, its a Siemens but it worked fine at my daughters, Google said it has to be a 2.4Ghz router not 5.5Ghz (dont know what mine is)but I see yours is a 2.4 . Im using the 15 day period to return it as Im not sure what the problem is, that said when it worked at my daughters it looked and promise to be excellent.

On my router is two desktops, a laptop when needed, and I know the Ipad and iphone work with it,,,Nexus 7 NO

There does seem to be a good number of posts on this problem though? Chances are if you get another you will have the same problem unless you change your router, but to what I wonder??????? :(

Fallen_nexus

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I got my Nexus 7 today from Tesco. The salesman said just switch it on and it will connect to your home wifi. What a big fat lie that was. Hours later I haven't succeeded. All I get is "Authentication Problem". I'll try tomorrow at some WIFI hotspot. Not impressed.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Ever since I reset my device, it's been a b*tch and a half trying to connect to unsecured public networks. everywhere I went before, it takes at LEAST half an hour to connect, if it even connects at all.

connection itself is fine, like full bars, but it's stuck in "connecting................" and the wifi signal is grey, not blue. hugely frustrating, can't just pop into a cafe to study unless I plan on staying there quite a while. takes forever to even connect to campus wifi. no idea how a reset could have bugged the wifi, but it works fine on my home network so at least there's that.

I love my N7 except for zero reception at my hangouts: a pub and bagel shop. My reception at home is just fine. Since my old Mac Air only receives 802.11n, the N7 should connect elsewhere. It fails at this miserably..
THIS is what pisses me off--ASUS support is stingy and rude, they're just going to write off all my problems and ship it back, probably with dead pixels like my laptop. for me at least, I know what a well-functioning N7 should do, because it's well-functioning part of the time. so they're going to place all the blame on the signals I used to be able to connect to.

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Help me too! I'm so frustrated!
I got my nexus 7 3 days ago and it connected fine, downloaded a few apps. Yesterday I took it out of the house and connected to a restaurant wifi, came back home and it will not connect to my wifi. I've tried a few things including calling the u-verse Internet and they said that it is a fee based service. I don't understand how it worked a few days ago and not now. My IPad works fine. But every time I try the nexus it will show authenticating.... Or finding ip address... And it wont connect. Any ideas?

Try deleting your network in settings. Reboot. Then scan for networks. When yours is picked up, make sure you uncheck anonymous on the bottom. Then enter your password. I have found that sometimes the anonymous logon gets checked and it's easy to miss as your password still shows up as asterisks (which you would expect to be blank if anonymous is selected).

agrothena

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I am having exactly your problem. Took it to work and connected to my work network. Now it won't work at home, even though it worked for months at home before this. Have you found a solution as yet? I am desperate for help.

sinlessmd

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I had a problem with my nexus, First time I connected through my home wifi everything went well
I was thrilled! So I turned it of and wend to bed. The next day when I started
The tablet I saw the wireless 4 bars but the triangle on the upper right corner was gray.. I search on the internet for a solution but no luck!!
But when I turn on my laptop BOOM FULL INTERNET SIGNAL!! So what happened? Just that my nexus saw my laptop as a hot spot. So I changed my wifi settinings from DHCP to Static. Go to IP Address and change it.. :)

andre47

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a Android 4.0.4 device and the same problem with my ASUS 66.

My solution:
I just changed my password and changed all signs into numbers. Android seems to have problems with some special characters.

salvefon

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I have problem connecting Nexus 7 to my Clear wifi. What could be the problem and solutions for that? I appreciate your help.

Terry Beaudette

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey what's up.

So my suggestion may be the most obvious answer but the same thing just happened to me today after I reset my phone to factory settings. I did not properly input capitol letters in WIFI authentication password where I had them. As soon as I re-entered password with proper capitols, it connected immediately. So check if you missed some capitols.

I hope this helps.
Terry

Unforgiven118

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I've had problems with my Droid DNA and wireless N. It would connect to my G but not my N. The only way it connects to N is if I turn off my router security. :(