Question Does anyone know how to change emojis?

IronTrickster

Sep 8, 2024
Visit site
I miss the old little green android emojis. Is there a way to add them in or get them back somehow? I think they're cute and I miss them. I have an S24 plus and a new Samsung tablet.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Emoji sets are mostly system-wide changes, so one way to change it is to 'theme' the OS. While Samsung allows this for many UI elements, emojis are not one of them, so you'd have to resort to 3rd party options that force the system changes (and require you to have root access).

Messaging apps can support different emoji sets, however, and it will depend on which app you use if it gives you options to load 'your own' emoji set or similar.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central forums. I may be late to the party on this one but where are you trying to get these emojis? There are several keyboards on the Play Store that offer alternative emojis but the thing with emojis is that what you see may not be what the recipient sees. It's like your cake may be cholate with pink frosting but the person you send it to may get yellow with white icing and confetti. It's cake but without the same emoji packs as you the cake will differ. There are actually several threads that talk about how they show up different than they look when sent. Like this one here on Reddit.

It's the same for fonts. If you have a new roman sans and your recipient doesn't, they're just going to get some plain text font.

My point in saying all of this is that you may get the emojis you want on your device just don't expect everyone to get what you see when you send them.

Checkout any of the emoji keyboards at the Play Store. They may even still do the emoji packs for specific keyboards, but I'm not sure as I have not looked for an emoji in some time.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mizanrahman_07