Don't believe the hype about good battery life.

dreamur

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Definitely stock. I have just upgraded GM to 2.1.14 and there is no significant improvement.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I may be mistaken about this, but you seem to be referring to your Gear Manager version, not your Gear 2 version - one is the app on your phone and the other is the software on your watch.
Version 2.1.14052101 is what my Gear Manager version is, my Gear 2 Neo is on software version R381XXU0BND8.
(You seem to realize this.) I'm not sure how the app on the phone would affect battery life..

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Some users have had issues with using non-stock watch faces...

It seems to be only Watch Styler faces. Multi-Watch faces don't drag the battery down at all. At least that has been my experience and what I have read about from others. I think you can now load Watch Styler created faces with Mult-Watch 2.2 but I haven't tried it to confirm, or whether doing it that way would help battery life.

dreamur

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I may be mistaken about this, but you seem to be referring to your Gear Manager version, not your Gear 2 version - one is the app on your phone and the other is the software on your watch.
Version 2.1.14052101 is what my Gear Manager version is, my Gear 2 Neo is on software version R381XXU0BND8.
(You seem to realize this.) I'm not sure how the app on the phone would affect battery life..

Sorry for the confusion. GM version is xxxx101 while the gear 2 was xxxxNDD. Upgraded gear 2 today to xxxxBNE5 with stock apps only and still the battery is getting drained fast. I am thinking it must be the GM app that is preventing the gear to "sleep" and unusually consuming power. I am no techie and this is just a hunch.

dreamur

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Fixed the battery problem by deleting and reinstalling google account. Apparently there is a conflict with the gmail phone book causing the contact sync to take forever thus draining the battery.

roritreo

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
my gear 2 only lasts 10 to 12 hours maximum,

I have installed like 10 differents clocks, but I have to charge it every day and sometime twice a day, I have bluetooth on always...

I will try to remove all sofware and check if battery improves.... I wonder if there is a way to detect wich software is consuming most of the battery, I notice that the processor is always like 40% acording to one of the skins...

Thanks in avance for any sugestiong...

dreamur

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I would always start by rebooting the gear 2 and not install any additional apps at all, just stock. Then remove and reinstall all contacts (google, hotmail, fb, etc.) then observe your battery performance. Br sure to upgrade your gear apps on the smartphone as well to the latest version. I have fixed this problem ever since I reinstalled all my contacts. Hope this helps.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi,
my gear 2 only lasts 10 to 12 hours maximum,

I have installed like 10 differents clocks, but I have to charge it every day and sometime twice a day, I have bluetooth on always...

I will try to remove all sofware and check if battery improves.... I wonder if there is a way to detect wich software is consuming most of the battery, I notice that the processor is always like 40% acording to one of the skins...

Thanks in avance for any sugestiong...

I would definitely say that was not normal. I take mine off the charger at about 5:00 am and put it back on around 7 or 8 pm (only because I charge mine every night). Not sure exactly how much is left but I think plenty. I'll pay closer attention to it today.

dreamur

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
After reinstalling all my contacts, my gear 2 is eating up 1.5% every hour so that should give me ~3 days worth of battery life for each full charge.

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday and the end of the day i had 5% left. So i definitely had to handle this.
First of all i thought the alarm app was using much battery, so i deleted it. After this it still dropped 2% in 30 minutes.
Then i just removed all watch faces i installed. This did the trick. I was steady now. So i installed only the one watchface i really like. Thinking maybe the seconds was using to much. (i remember that displaying seconds on my note2, made it slow and hikup every second.)
So now it is only 2% over 2 hours.
O i also disabled the watch movement for turning on. I just use the button and see if this is workable for me at this point.

lowgrass

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I think this is the issue I have been looking for. I have over 1400 contact in my google account and can only imagine with a glitch, this would kill my battery fast. I get about 8 hours out of it and I bought it 2 days ago!!!

How did you uninstall your google account?

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I think this is the issue I have been looking for. I have over 1400 contact in my google account and can only imagine with a glitch, this would kill my battery fast. I get about 8 hours out of it and I bought it 2 days ago!!!

If I'm not mistaken, you don't need to disconnect your Google acct. Try this:
Gear Manager>My Apps>Contacts(settings icon/gear)>Contacts to display>change to Favorites.

dreamur

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site

Go to contact > account > click google and hit remove. same steps when you add it back.