Don't Buy Your Nexus 6 From Sprint!

kae9797

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
When the Nexus 6 1st came out , I order mine from Sprint on a new account and number.
After a few days I saw how poor their 4G coverage was around my area so I cancelled my account in 13 days.
I told them I wanted to keep the phone and I will pay the full price to keep the phone.
They gave me a run around but in the end they charged me the full price for the phone and that was what I wanted.
I got a Email the other day saying I owe them 149.00 for the 32.00 dollar activation fee and the service that I used on the 13 days I had the phone .
I barely use the phone cause the service was so poor and now they are threatening to send my account to a collection agency.
The best they want to do is charge me 72.83 to settle the account.
What a bunch of crap, so if anyone is thinking of trying sprint out , beware that it will cost you 150.00 to try it and cancel in 14 days or less.:mad:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Check the terms carefully. It should outline what the trial entails and the charges associated with it. From my read, you have to pay for usage plus activation fee. Activation fee is only waived within 3 days.

" Customers are responsible for all their usage charges (included but not limited to Monthly Rate Charges, add-ons, casual or out-of-plan usage and related taxes and Sprint surcharges) and applicable charges and/or fees (including but not limited to Spending Limit Program Charge, Paper Bill Fee, Detail Bill Fee) on a prorated basis. If service is canceled within 3 days of activation, the activation/upgrade fee will be refunded (Sprint Prepaid devices are not subject to an activation fee). "

https://www.sprint.com/en/legal/return-and-exchange-policy.html?ECID=vanity:guarantee
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
When the Nexus 6 1st came out , I order mine from Sprint on a new account and number.
After a few days I saw how poor their 4G coverage was around my area so I cancelled my account in 13 days.
I told them I wanted to keep the phone and I will pay the full price to keep the phone.
They gave me a run around but in the end they charged me the full price for the phone and that was what I wanted.
I got a Email the other day saying I owe them 149.00 for the 32.00 dollar activation fee and the service that I used on the 13 days I had the phone .
I barely use the phone cause the service was so poor and now they are threatening to send my account to a collection agency.
What a bunch of crap, so if anyone is thinking of trying sprint out , beware that it will cost you 150.00 to try it and cancel in 14 days or less.:mad:

[language] i'd give them back everything, pay the penalty then go - Nexus 6 from Play Store + AT&T GoPhone Prepaid.

good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
That was your fault for not checking Sprints coverage before u bought the phone. It's 2015 it's no excuse.

Sent from my T-Mobile Nexus 4 LTE using Tapatalk

kae9797

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes I agree about the activation fee which is 32.00 , but that leaves 117.00 in charges. That pretty steep for only 13 days and at most maybe 8 phone calls which was only for a minute each . And about 1 meg of data usage.
That's harsh on the charges.

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Take everything back and order from Motorola or Google. Had a similar experience with Sprint and that is why I left them. The crazy part is 2 months later they sent me a letter and special offer to come back.

Dump Sprint ASAP.

Posted via GN6 Beast

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Take everything back and order from Motorola or Google. Had a similar experience with Sprint and that is why I left them. The crazy part is 2 months later they sent me a letter and special offer to come back.

Dump Sprint ASAP.

Posted via GN6 Beast

return everything and pay the $73 ASAP (you don't want to bish up your credit report - especially for something so trivial), and GTFO per above. i wouldn't even want their phone at this point.

good luck.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
F 'em!!! i'd give them back everything, pay the penalty then go - Nexus 6 from Play Store + AT&T GoPhone Prepaid.

good luck.
My sentiments exactly. I ditched sprint 3 yrs ago, and told them they can take the bill I owed and shove it up their...... I still refuse to pay it. My credit was beyond bad anyway, so I didn't care if it got paid.

Stay away from sprint, they are bad people with bad coverage.

I don't play the 2yr contract game anymore. I have Black Wireless (ATT mvno) for $30 a month. Very happy with it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes I agree about the activation fee which is 32.00 , but that leaves 117.00 in charges. That pretty steep for only 13 days and at most maybe 8 phone calls which was only for a minute each . And about 1 meg of data usage.
That's harsh on the charges.
Can you post the itemized list for the remaining $117? It does seem high, but I am curious as to the breakdown of charges

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
When the Nexus 6 1st came out , I order mine from Sprint on a new account and number.After a few days I saw how poor their 4G coverage was around my area so I cancelled my account in 13 days.
What a bunch of crap, so if anyone is thinking of trying sprint out , beware that it will cost you 150.00 to try it and cancel in 14 days or less.

You're slamming Sprint for network coverage YOU failed to look into and charges which YOU should have known about had you read the small print on paperwork prior to signing.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
[language] i'd give them back everything, pay the penalty then go - Nexus 6 from Play Store + AT&T GoPhone Prepaid.

good luck.

I happily paid the $150 ETF fee when the Nexus 5 came out and left Sprint... After 15+ years with them I got fed up with their coverage.... Made the switch to T-Mobile and their $30 unlimited text and data plan and was shocked how much better their network was.. Specially considering I tested T-Mobile out back with the Nexus One and an HTC Windows phone (it was similar to the Original EVO on Sprint) and how HORRIBLE they were just a few years back... T-Mobile was like going back to the stone ages back then... Sprint looked like Verizon in comparison to T-Mobile then... Now T-Mobile is head and shoulders above Sprint... It's like Sprint has just spent the last 5 or 6 years stuck in the mud and spinning their wheels unable to get any traction...

Last edited by a moderator:

davidstevens15

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I doubt they will send it to collections, it would cost them more in the long run. Anyway, it seems as if people don't read anything when it comes to "agreements" or contracts. They have every right to charge you for your usage.

taappel

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
So what are you actually paying for? Did you get an itemized statement? When I bought a Nexus 6, I had to pay the tax up front even though I financed it for 24 months. And the activation fee which they said is waived after your first month of service. And I paid for the actual service.

kae9797

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I told them I want a copy of the bill , so I'm waiting for that to show up. The account was closed so I don't have online access.
We'll see if the bill shows up and whats all of the charges gonna be like!

kae9797

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'll guest I have to wait for the bill to see how it breaks down.
Still 32.00 act charge and 117.00 for 13 days of very light service seems steep.

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Ditched Sprint two months ago for T-mobile and not looking back. The service became atrocious. Using the Nexus 6 on T-mobile is like a whole new world.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I'll guest I have to wait for the bill to see how it breaks down.
Still 32.00 act charge and 117.00 for 13 days of very light service seems steep.

you could "chat" with their billing customer service department via online site and they will break down the charges for you. save the chat for your records. also - i would try to negotiate it down another $10 - tell them that the service coverage sucked so you want a $10 service credit. good luck.