Downgrade back to Android OS 2.2?

FlaviaF

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible?

I'm quite desperate, I updated to Android 4.0.4 and now I can consider my phone dead. The battery gets eaten in 4 hours! I expected a change but to go from 2 days of batter to 4 hours while not even using it is extreme! I hate myself for upgrading it and wish I could go back to the older version. Is there any way I can do that?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) you can downgrade if you can find the file online to do so. You would need to flash the 2.2 update file to your phone manually.

mkhilario

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Try another software update. My current software version is P97030C. My battery life is same as it was with gingerbread.

Posted via Android Central App

davejack

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I updated a week ago to 907g30f 4.0.4 and while I like a few of the new features, it sucks hard. I can't shut off background data anymore so battery drains, and I keep getting annoying update notices. I have unlimited pic & text, doesn't recieve pics anymore. When I use my longer cord to charge it says "low usb/power" and slow charges (the cord that came with ph. I have a shorter one that charges normally). So uses way more battery & takes forever to charge. Brilliant!! I have emailed LG and asked them why we aren't given a choice to revert/pick the vers. we want. I don't know if it's the phone or recent windows 8 updates but comp. doesn't recognise phone anymore. Windows 7 doesn't see phone either, so good luck updating or rooting for me. 4.0.4 is terrible I want 2.3.4 back!

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I updated a week ago to 907g30f 4.0.4 and while I like a few of the new features, it sucks hard. I can't shut off background data anymore so battery drains, and I keep getting annoying update notices. I have unlimited pic & text, doesn't recieve pics anymore. When I use my longer cord to charge it says "low usb/power" and slow charges (the cord that came with ph. I have a shorter one that charges normally). So uses way more battery & takes forever to charge. Brilliant!! I have emailed LG and asked them why we aren't given a choice to revert/pick the vers. we want. I don't know if it's the phone or recent windows 8 updates but comp. doesn't recognise phone anymore. Windows 7 doesn't see phone either, so good luck updating or rooting for me. 4.0.4 is terrible I want 2.3.4 back!

I'm the same with my HTC EVO 3D. My phone now often uses more power than the charger is able to provide. Yes I get notifications telling me this. Apps that worked so well on gb now have issues with ics.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys92