"Download suspended. Will resume shortly..."

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
My download started last night about midnight, but says "Download suspended. Will resume shortly..."

Why is this happening? It has not resumed since last night.

Anyone know how ling this might take?

Thanks.

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I had this issue as well.....restarted the phone 2 or 3 times and it started downloading pretty fast.....

Same for me. Mine was stuck at 42 percent for hours, I restarted it and it is now up to 66 percent.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

david20817

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Can folks confirm if they are doing this over WIFI or 4G?

I'm still getting the suspended message after one reboot but will try a couple more times.

Thanks,
Dave

rayxxxle

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Downloading over WiFi, but getting no indication of a percentage, or anything else. If I go to settings, about phone, updates, it tells me an update is downloading but I get nothing else. How long does the down load take? Where can I get an indication of how much is downloaded.
Thanks,
Errol

romajr86

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
i tried to update OTA via 4g and it said "An update is currently being downloaded. You will be notified when the download is complete." but nothing was in the status bar so i rebooted and went to wifi, it then showed in status bar but said the same "Download suspended. Will resume shortly..." so i battery pulled and when it started up it no longer showed in the status bar, just went back to saying "An update is currently being downloaded" when i click on system update. I batt pulled one more time and still nothing in the status bar, just the "An update is currently being downloaded". Frustrating!

rayxxxle

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Downloading over WiFi, but getting no indication of a percentage, or anything else. If I go to settings, about phone, updates, it tells me an update is downloading but I get nothing else. How long does the down load take? Where can I get an indication of how much is downloaded.
Thanks,
Errol

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Can folks confirm if they are doing this over WIFI or 4G?

I'm still getting the suspended message after one reboot but will try a couple more times.

Thanks,
Dave

Mine was downloaded over 4g. Took a few phone restarts to get the full download. I guess all total it probably took about 20 minutes just to download the update.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
had that exact issue with my wife's phone. in order to get her update to download, I had to pull the battery a few times before it started. then it got the entire download all at once (slowly, of course).

pchrist11

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue. I was able to get a download status and percentage completed. I went to manage applications, clicked All, then found the updater app and cleared the data on it. A few minutes after I did that I got a notification that said Downloading Update.

TOPshogun

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: "Download suspended. Will resume short ly..."

So for anyone did it truly resume after getting the 'will resume shortly' message? I'm curious as it may just eventually work?

Had same issue, I did a factory reset and it worked.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

romajr86

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue. I was able to get a download status and percentage completed. I went to manage applications, clicked All, then found the updater app and cleared the data on it. A few minutes after I did that I got a notification that said Downloading Update.

That worked, thanks pchrist! Its downloading now for me

JesusG90

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks,
Errol

This happened to me..about 20mins after restarting for the 4th time(and factory reset), I went to download updates from Google play and the update started after a couple of updates.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yeezygaplogo