draw over message; no apps have this permission. What to do?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I keep getting an error message from Google play or other apps that an app has draw over permission and I need to turn this off for all apps. No apps - none - have this permission. This makes apps unusable, can't even push a button. What am I to do?

In a related question, are there any decent Linux phones? I'm so tired of Windows 95 level quality in 2022.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

Michael Culver4

May 5, 2022
Visit site
Thank you both for your replies. I guess I found the problem app, I just started deleting apps until I had the minimum. Now it appears to work. So there can be apps with this permission even though the list of apps with this permission is NO for every one? Thanks, please consider this closed.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you both for your replies. I guess I found the problem app, I just started deleting apps until I had the minimum. Now it appears to work. So there can be apps with this permission even though the list of apps with this permission is NO for every one? Thanks, please consider this closed.
Welcome to AC!
Glad you sorted this out , out of curiosity what device was this?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
You're welcome. I'm glad you got it sorted.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you have an Android Go phone, the Display Over Other Apps feature isn't available. This might potentially cause a compatibility issue with an app you tried to install. That's why we keep asking you which phone you have.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty