DROID 2.1 Update thread.

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I just received and email from VZW thanking me for my recent upgrade to 2.1 and it detailed a few of the improvements.

Normally I wouldn't think anything of this except that I updated manually thanks to androidcentral the first day the update was available. Apparently Verizon knows what version OS you are running which doesn't surprise me.

bjab

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Can someone give exact directions on what you need and how you would resort back to your previous version if you didnt like or had problems with 2.1 ?

Maybe directions have already been posted and I just haven't seen them. This is just in case.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Stop thinking about it. It's fine. I'll lay big money that those having trouble are those who've rooted and gotten into the innards where we shouldn't go. My phone is definitely quicker, the browser a bit better...no complaints.

get quad

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Can someone give exact directions on what you need and how you would resort back to your previous version if you didnt like or had problems with 2.1 ?

Maybe directions have already been posted and I just haven't seen them. This is just in case.

Have you already tried a factory reset and cache wipe? Fixed every single little issue I was having.

srock

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
New user

2 things:

1. When I power off my phone to charge it, it comes back on. How do I keep it off.

2. I am trying to import music from my itunes, how do I do this?

Thanks.

srock

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
2 things:

1. When I power off my phone to charge it, it comes back on. How do I keep it off.

Thanks.

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
2 things:

Thanks.

1. That is how Droid works, it charges the battery dont worry.
2. Read Prometheus's suggestion.

G

GenericMessage

2 things:

Thanks.

1.) you don't get that option, if its plugged in, its on.

2.) Double-twist

solideliquid

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey all, sorry for double posting as I posted this question on the Live Wallpapers thread but it probably belongs here.

When using Live Wallpapers it seems the navigating through the home screens gets choppy, as does scrolling through the apps in the launcher. Turning off live wallpapers makes scrolling through the launcher much smoother.

I'm using helixlauncher but even when I use the Home launcher (default) I get the same results. Is this normal? Should I uninstall helixlauncher? Wipe the phone?

G

GenericMessage

Hey all, sorry for double posting as I posted this question on the Live Wallpapers thread but it probably belongs here.

When using Live Wallpapers it seems the navigating through the home screens gets choppy, as does scrolling through the apps in the launcher. Turning off live wallpapers makes scrolling through the launcher much smoother.

I'm using helixlauncher but even when I use the Home launcher (default) I get the same results. Is this normal? Should I uninstall helixlauncher? Wipe the phone?

I notice it right when the phone turns on, but after that, nah.

Hmmmm, how many screens/widgets are you using?

wavechaser

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I updated my google maps application, and i'm still not getting the "night" mode when driving with navigation (where it turns the background black so you aren't blinded). I can't find any option anywhere in any menu's to enable the night-time driving mode. How the hell do I get it to work?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hyrdgybvcc