Droid razr maxx case

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
so i finally made the jump from Blackberry to Android. i know their are not many cases out yet for the Maxx, but it is safe to assume that cases for the Razr will be made for the Maxx, so what cases are you guys using? which are the best?

also any beginner tips for this phone would be helpful as I mentioned i just switched over.

thanks in advance

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
so i finally made the jump from Blackberry to Android. i know their are not many cases out yet for the Maxx, but it is safe to assume that cases for the Razr will be made for the Maxx, so what cases are you guys using? which are the best?

also any beginner tips for this phone would be helpful as I mentioned i just switched over.

thanks in advance

Too subjective... what one person likes is not always what another person would like. Personally, I prefer a silicone case for the sides and back... and one of the Verizon cases worked perfect for me, but that is just me.

anon(37023)

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Several of us have purchased the Verizon shell case + holster combo and it works very well. There are a couple of threads that discuss it in more detail

I'm now using the Otterbox Commuter case and its fantastic. I purchased mine from Amazon.

posted using Tapatalk

Last edited:

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
So i see now that they have TPU cases vs. Silicone. back when i used to use a silicone skin for my blackberries (before i got a otterbox commuter) i dont think they had TPU. anyone know what the differences are between the two? pros and cons?

i don't think i want an otterbox comuter for the droid though. does it add a lot of bulk? i know it did on my blackberry bold.

kempsterX5

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I got the verizon holster combo, it works for now and will wait for newer cases by seidio and casemate but I hear the otterbox is pretty good they have 2 models

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
+1 for the commuter case. It's my first experience with one and I was skeptical about it at first, but really glad I got it. Fantastic fit!

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
What is the difference between commuter and defender cases. We will be going from BB to Android this week. My husband works in a furniture warehouse and we think he needs extra protection for his touch screen.

Commuter is smaller lighter but still a 2 piece design.

anon(37023)

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Have a look at the Otterbox website for details. In short, the Commuter is less bulky and has a thin silicone inner liner, with a hard plastic outer shell. The Defender is a hard plastic inner frame, with a heavier rubber outer skin. The Defender also comes with a strong belt clip holster.

IMO, the Defender is best for those who work construction type jobs, public. safety, etc. The Commuter is better for "regular" use and much better for pocket carry.

posted using Tapatalk

scarbone3

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Used to have a defender for my blackberry and it did the job. Just ordered a commuter for my maxx.

Extremely high quality cases and excellent customer service. I highly recommend Otterbox.

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
i had defender on my blackberry a while back as well.....it had a clear plastic covering everything (including keyboard) in addition to the plastic/rubber. it was overkill IMO.

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I just received the commuter. Although it fits well, its a little difficult to take on and off quickly which will be a pain when I need to use my car dock. The one for my Blackberry Storm 2 was a lot easier to get on and off.

Groundhound

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I just received the commuter. Although it fits well, its a little difficult to take on and off quickly which will be a pain when I need to use my car dock. The one for my Blackberry Storm 2 was a lot easier to get on and off.
Are you talking about taking the case on/off the Maxx to use the car dock, or taking the Maxx with case on/off the car dock?

vndlewis

Thank ya'll. I guess we will be getting a defender for the hubby. I am so excited. We went and played with one today. We will be ordering ours in the next couple days. I am jealous that hubby will be using lte much more than me. We don't live in an area with it yet, but he works in one.

GOOD BYE BlackBerry!!!!!!!

excel775

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadadmusa45