Droid X has officially launched!

rindof21

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I should have. She said that they wouln't be putting out demo units or taking preorders for Thursday. I think she is the manager so I didn't try too much after she said that. I am gonna stop by my neighborhood store and see if they say the same thing.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I should have. She said that they wouln't be putting out demo units or taking preorders for Thursday. I think she is the manager so I didn't try too much after she said that. I am gonna stop by my neighborhood store and see if they say the same thing.

You would think that would be horrible for them. Wouldnt you want to tease everyone with a hot phone before it came out to get even more hype up?

Whatever they think though, I could be wrong

jswenson3

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi DROID Lovers!!

This is my first time posting here.

I just bought a Moto Droid in January after suffering through a year of a BB Storm1. Talk about the worst phone in history! Now just six months after getting my Droid, I REALLY want to upgrade to the DX but can't afford to pay full retail for it.

Does anyone know of a way to "pursuade" VZW to let me trade in the Droid for the DX?

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Just got back from checking my local VZM corporate store in Scottsdale...I tried to get an appointment for Thursday but they aren't taking any. She said they are opening at 8am and they will have 60 phones. Fortunately, I asked if they had any demos available and she pulled one out from behind the counter.
My biggest fear was the size of the phone having never seen the phone before, I can say in the first second of holding the phone it is by no means to big. I actually thought it was a good size and very nice balance (I have the storm 1 now, and Inc for about a month). Can't wait to get it on Thursday.

is that the Promenade location?

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi DROID Lovers!!

I just bought a Moto Droid in January after suffering through a year of a BB Storm1. Talk about the worst phone in history! Now just six months after getting my Droid, I REALLY want to upgrade to the DX but can't afford to pay full retail for it.

Does anyone know of a way to "pursuade" VZW to let me trade in the Droid for the DX?

Dont worry, I have the same problem lol bought my Droid opening day

pdk269

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Just stopped by my local VZ dealer in dowtown pittsburgh, the person i spoke to said that they got in their shipment of Droid X's today but wouldnt show me one or let me play around with it. A little disappointed.

Which one did you goto, The one on the corner of smithfield by the mcd's said they would have nothing until the 15...said not even getting the phones to sell till the night before....

Tifoso

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi DROID Lovers!!

Not going to happen. You're better off waiting it out until you are eligible to upgrade. By then there will be at least one phone better than the X.

jswenson3

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Not going to happen. You're better off waiting it out until you are eligible to upgrade. By then there will be at least one phone better than the X.
Really? I've heard that if you have to return a phone twice, VZW has to offer you a different, comparable phone to the one you're having issues with. I just returned my Droid and got a replacement because of performance problems. Do you think if I continue to have issues, they'll offer me the x as a replacement? I wouldn't even mind paying a little to upgrade.

Tifoso

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Really? I've heard that if you have to return a phone twice, VZW has to offer you a different, comparable phone to the one you're having issues with. I just returned my Droid and got a replacement because of performance problems. Do you think if I continue to have issues, they'll offer me the x as a replacement? I wouldn't even mind paying a little to upgrade.

I don't think so. BB Tour owners got lucky when VZW ran out of Tours as replacements and they got upgraded at no charge to the Bold. I doubt they'll have inventory problems with the Droid, and even if they do, I think they learned a hard lesson with the Tour/Bold fiasco.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi DROID Lovers!!

Don't feel too bad about it, the Droid is still a great phone and 2.2 is right around the corner. If my NE2 wasn't up and I wasn't able to upgrade to the DX, I wouldn't feel too bad at all about keeping my Droid. It's a great phone, plus you can root it and load custom ROMs.

To tell you the truth, I was even debating keeping my Droid and waiting for the next "next best thing".

DeathBringerZero

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Same here, the Droid X looks awesome, but I can't afford keeping up with all these things. Currently using a Moto Droid :p I heard rumors of a new Droid coming out near Christmas. Wonder what kind of animal that will be.

quikric

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I can't waite.
I'm coming from my first, and last BB, to the X, which will be my first Android.
The BB 9550 Storm 2 was nothing but battery pulls and disapointement. After the
Second replacement I gave up.
I so hope the DX is so much better of an experience.

rindof21

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Which one did you goto, The one on the corner of smithfield by the mcd's said they would have nothing until the 15...said not even getting the phones to sell till the night before....

Yeah thats the one, I stopped in today and the women told me that they just recieved there shipment but wouldnt be selling or demo'ing any units until the 15th. I spoke with Bill(one of the guys that work there) last week and he took my info and told me he would call me on the 15th and i can come down and pick one up. I just wanted to play with the phone to verify my desicion to buy it but like i said, the women said noone would be seeing any in there store until the 15th.

I am pretty close to the north hills store and will probably head over there after work toomorrow to see if they have any demo units out.

@pdk Let me know if you have any luck finding any to play with before the 15th.

pdk269

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
@pdk Let me know if you have any luck finding any to play with before the 15th.

Same here, I just came from the one inside the village, and they wouldn't tell me if they got any in yet and said they wouldn't have any phone or accessories until the 15th, I kept asking different questions and her response was "the 15, nothing until the 15th"....broken record, but i'm sure they are sick and tired of hearing about it....

I think it's kind of ridiculous that no store around here has even the demo, like you said, to make sure of your decision. At this rate you'll have to buy the phone before deciding and hopefully it's up par with what those lucky few who have played with it are saying....

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Now it's just gettin silly. Buddy of mine coming over from At&T went to the VZW store today and they said they were only getting 20 in that store and were keeping his with his name/number on it in the office. Apparently they are moving the folks coming from other carriers in front of the existing customers.
That's really gonna torque me if that's the case.
Needs to be some loyalty here. I've been with em since they were Cellular one and I had a bagphone. :D
BTW, he said the phone was awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrussellcampbell