It helps if you put the container in sunlight. Until all of the water is evaporated from your phone, it most likely won't work. I recommend leaving it in the rice and not turning it back on for at least 24 hours. Lots of factors go into whether the rice trick will work. Good luck.
Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you did everything right. Assuming the phone was on, did you pull the battery immediately or try to turn it off first? Only other thing I can suggest is gently heating with hair dryer for awhile.