DX Top

marsha12151

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Just to get us back on track.....

I am very new to Droid came from BB Curve. I really wanted to hide some icons, use folders, etc. When I discovered this forum and this one in particular. DXTOP has let me make all the changes I want. Loos great and relatively easy to set up.

Thanks so much. So many of us are new to this strange phone!

By the way, loving it!

salanester

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Good thing I doubt mine would ever come to this
site :p

Ditto. I made the mistake of telling mine that I 'graduated' to senior member on a message board, she has made fun of me ever since (now that I think of it rightfully so).

On topic, I've had a lot of problems with dxtop since the upgrade that enlarged the bottom icons. I've emailed the dev who has been pretty responsive to date especially with its popularity....at least here anyway. Things disappearing, increased lag, forced quits, and no matter how many times I check the 'make it default' box it always ask me which home to go to.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Ditto. I made the mistake of telling mine that I 'graduated' to senior member on a message board, she has made fun of me ever since (now that I think of it rightfully so).

On topic, I've had a lot of problems with dxtop since the upgrade that enlarged the bottom icons. I've emailed the dev who has been pretty responsive to date especially with its popularity....at least here anyway. Things disappearing, increased lag, forced quits, and no matter how many times I check the 'make it default' box it always ask me which home to go to.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

I've had that problem too with it always asking me which home I wanna go to. Its getting annoying. Think I'm gonna try out GDE.

korp#IM

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I personally don't really like the look of GDE but to each their own. I just don't understand why these features wouldn't be included in the OS!

jste1986

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I loved this app at first as well. For some reason it will NOT quit crashing on me... and over the past couple of days it has moved super slow. When I switch back to regular home it works fine.

Maybe I should try a reinstall. Im on the droid by the way.

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I loved this app at first as well. For some reason it will NOT quit crashing on me... and over the past couple of days it has moved super slow. When I switch back to regular home it works fine.

Maybe I should try a reinstall. I'm on the droid by the way.
Had the same issues as well last week.
I just uninstalled/reinstalled.. now everything is working fine.
I just wish that Dx had more themes. But I'm sure there's some in the works.

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I had GDE for a bit. I missed the one swipe to get to the panes of the DxTop. Also, missed having my "categories" in the app drawer. I know you can make folders in GDE, but it's not the same.

What are the pros of GDE? When I used it I saw the pros as: the cube transition, more screens if you want them, super quick/clean app drawer, didn't have to "redraw" widgets.

cons: no one swipe to get to pane, force close more than DxTop, cube was cool-but got jittery sometimes and would sometimes not show the cube transition, no "categories" in app drawer, no currently/recently run drawer (I liked the ability to see which apps were running and be able to kill them selectively- kind of like an app manager, but built in and not an app I have to run)

R

Roy Aguilera

Both GDE and dxTop have their strong point. At this point I preffer GDE and occasionally use dxTop. Its the smoothness that gets me.

R

Roy Aguilera

Darn, is there a dock app that will follow when I switch home screens like the one in dxtop? Or is this feature in GDE?

GDE, Panda Home and Home++ all flow the same as the original home. Panda and Home++ are free. Download and try them. You can always delete them if you dont like them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej