Early Upgrade Option: Worked for me.

Hilbe

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I basically asked for them to show some leniency. I said the phone is coming out July 9 to 11, so the upgrade is really just a few weeks out from that date.

SSmaster

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have spoken with over 10 people, no one has been able to do the early upgrade for me on this phone. They say I can do it for something in stock, but not a pre-order.

Kyprain

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi SSmaster, I asked for a early upgrade, I don't think i told them I wanted the Samsung S3. I just asked for a early upgrade because I wanted to stay on the current plan.

try different things but don't tell them you want the S3. once they give you the early upgrade go online and order.

once they gave me the early upgrade, I checked online, in my account and it showed the line had a upgrade. clicked on the upgrade and ordered.

Kench33

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay this is kind of off topic but I went in today and the one girl there told me that nothing on my plan would change (family plan) other than my sister jumping to an iphone because she has no data plan right now. She also told me that I would be getting 100 off the phone. I went online just a couple minutes ago and it showed my plan jumping to 127 a month I think, just for me. And I got no such discount for the phone.

Can you even go into the store to preorder?

SSmaster

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi SSmaster, I asked for a early upgrade, I don't think i told them I wanted the Samsung S3. I just asked for a early upgrade because I wanted to stay on the current plan.

try different things but don't tell them you want the S3. once they give you the early upgrade go online and order.

once they gave me the early upgrade, I checked online, in my account and it showed the line had a upgrade. clicked on the upgrade and ordered.

I was given 2 - M2 - early upgrades. These M2 early upgrades are not shown when I try to order online, it says order at retail price.

jadams

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
VZW actually surprised me when I upgraded and preordered 2 SGS3's. In the end they gave me 2 phones for $149 ea, charged me the $30 ea "upgrade" fee but to offset that charge they are giving me a $20 bill credit for 12 months. So all said and done I will have paid $90 for 2 SGS3's and renewed for 2 yrs and kept my unlimited data.:D

SSmaster

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am super pissed. My upgrade dates are September 6 for 2 lines and they will NOT let me upgrade to the SGS3, just in stock phones.

Effenhimer

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
K
I am super pissed. My upgrade dates are September 6 for 2 lines and they will NOT let me upgrade to the SGS3, just in stock phones.

My upgrade for one of the 3 lines I have is July 26th, and they told me they don't do early upgrades, then told me about their policy for doing early upgrades. I've been with VZW since before they were Verizon... (Air touch? I can remember) I was told when I said that in that case I was just gonna let my contacts expire and switch companies that they were sorry to lose me as a customer and asked if there was anything else they could help me with.

I talked to 13 different people in CS, CC, and in the complaint dept etc. Each time I was told they aren't allowed to do anything having to do with early upgrades anymore. Actually one repeated the early upgrade policy, and when I said I was interested in the sgs3, she said they can't help me, even when I said I would settle for the Razr Maxx to keep my unlimited. When I went into the store that I had JUST upgraded my wife to a Razr Maxx, after he said they don't do early upgrades, even for 3 weeks away, I said, "Then I think I'll just return the Razr I just got." The manager looked at me and said, "It's a $35 restock fee..." Looked over my shoulder and said, "NEXT!" The whole time I was calm, talked to him about options and everything, he just blew me off like a POS. The guy behind me had the same question.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbdpks