EE4 update and incompatability issues with apps on the Market

jramone

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
The strange thing that I noticed was that when looking at the compatablility of the apps in the Android Market not logged in, it shows that it isn't compatable with the Droid Charge. Obviously it is as it's currently installed on my Charge with the EE4 update. It seems that to me it's the Android Market that pulled the compatability listing after the EE4 update. Maybe they are still checking whether it affected the functionality of the phone with certain apps.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
The strange thing that I noticed was that when looking at the compatablility of the apps in the Android Market not logged in, it shows that it isn't compatable with the Droid Charge. Obviously it is as it's currently installed on my Charge with the EE4 update. It seems that to me it's the Android Market that pulled the compatability listing after the EE4 update. Maybe they are still checking whether it affected the functionality of the phone with certain apps.

It couold be. When I called verizon about it she said she would notify Samsung since they were ones who pushed EE4.

junksecret

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
there is a fix for that

http://jrummy16.com/jrummy/testing/fix.apk

download that straight from your phone, run the apk, reboot
My market hasn't worked at all since I applied the "fix". I noticed when looking at my SD card that it contains a file called build.prop.bak. I think this is a backup of the altered file? Is there a way to reinstall this bak file and at least get back to my inferior (but working) previous market?

Thanks,

Joe

chadness

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
My market hasn't worked at all since I applied the "fix". I noticed when looking at my SD card that it contains a file called build.prop.bak. I think this is a backup of the altered file? Is there a way to reinstall this bak file and at least get back to my inferior (but working) previous market?

Thanks,

Joe

Use something like Root Explorer to rename your build.prop to build.prop.bad, then rename build.prop.bak to build.prop. Then reboot your computer and you should be set.

Reactions: junksecret

junksecret

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Use something like Root Explorer to rename your build.prop to build.prop.bad, then rename build.prop.bak to build.prop. Then reboot your computer and you should be set.
Thanks Chad.

I'm a total noob on this phone stuff. I certainly understand exactly what you are saying but since I can't d/l any apps, I have an app called "my files" which is how I found the bak file and it has a rename command. Would I be able to navigate to the position of the new build.prop file to rename it and if so, where would I find it in the directory structure? I also have something called ES File Explorer & something called ROM Manager if those help.

I paid a guy to root my phone so I apologize in advance for being so clueless.

Thanks again,

Joe

Last edited:

chadness

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Chad.

I'm a total noob on this phone stuff. I certainly understand exactly what you are saying but since I can't d/l any apps, I have an app called "my files" which is how I found the bak file and it has a rename command. Would I be able to navigate to the position of the new build.prop file to rename it and if so, where would I find it in the directory structure? I also have something called ES File Explorer & something called ROM Manager if those help.

I paid a guy to root my phone so I apologize in advance for being so clueless.

Thanks again,

Joe
I don't think root access in ES File Manager works with the Charge. Root Explorer would work for this.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Just so you guys know, Verizon has washed their hands of this issue and have told posters at the VZW website to bring the issue up with the App developers. They told one poster to get in touch with HBO to get the HBO To Go App working.

I must be really naive to think that Verizon might just decide that since they are selling a phone that has the access to the Android Marketplace (and a key selling point for VERIZON), THEY would contact the developers to alert them that a problem just developed with the latest EE4 update.

I'm beginning to see why I spent the last 3 years with AT&T...not that they were any bargain in terms of dropped calls.

Unreal.

moondrius

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Just so you guys know, Verizon has washed their hands of this issue and have told posters at the VZW website to bring the issue up with the App developers. They told one poster to get in touch with HBO to get the HBO To Go App working.

I must be really naive to think that Verizon might just decide that since they are selling a phone that has the access to the Android Marketplace (and a key selling point for VERIZON), THEY would contact the developers to alert them that a problem just developed with the latest EE4 update.

I'm beginning to see why I spent the last 3 years with AT&T...not that they were any bargain in terms of dropped calls.

Unreal.
This is the way Verizon deals with any device issues. They take no blame and want you to take it up with other companys. I have had gps issues and they told me to contact Novatel and Google because my maps could not lock on. I asked if I should contact Microsoft as well because my Bing maps on my Fascinate was not locking either and they said yes. I even left Verizon because of the poor customer service but in the end they were the only company that could give me good enough service. Its Verizons policy to deny any problems and to place blame on everything and anyone. Never tell them you use a third party app because they will place the blame no matter how stupid it sounds on something you have on your phone.

chadness

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Looks like someone fixed something. All of the apps appear to be OK for me now. Can anyone with a non-rooted phone double check this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz