Email Options on Note 7 and Set Up

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I use Gmail. Easy. No issues.

I like Blackberry Hub and considering trying the Samsung email as well to look at different features.

That all said, if I do move from Gmail to another email option, do I need to keep the Sync Gmail option checked off in options? I turned notifications off which is a no brainer. Just don't know if I have to leave Sync Gmail for it to work properly for other apps.

Thanks.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I use Gmail. Easy. No issues.

I like Blackberry Hub and considering trying the Samsung email as well to look at different features.

That all said, if I do move from Gmail to another email option, do I need to keep the Sync Gmail option checked off in options? I turned notifications off which is a no brainer. Just don't know if I have to leave Sync Gmail for it to work properly for other apps.

Thanks.

I ended up disabling gmail as I don't really like the app. As long as you're just doing it within the gmail app it shouldn't affect your account using a different mail app. I wouldn't change any settings in gmail proper though.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I guess my main concern is disabling Gmail sync within the app itself. If I do that will my email continue to sync normally? There's an option to sync within the app. Attaching what I mean.

The reason is if I am not going to use Gmail app then I would assume disabling it would help on battery life so I am not being redundant when using this other email platform.

4acf1e4ff70673988fb96f5a5d3a8d0f.jpg

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I guess my main concern is disabling Gmail sync within the app itself. If I do that will my email continue to sync normally? There's an option to sync within the app. Attaching what I mean.

The reason is if I am not going to use Gmail app then I would assume disabling it would help on battery life so I am not being redundant when using this other email platform.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160831/4acf1e4ff70673988fb96f5a5d3a8d0f.jpg
fa58d81c1c9fb552e344c2288faf3b3d.jpg

Side note, I have been dying to have a reason to write on my screen and use it in a post. Thanks!

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Any Sync you turn off for that device will only effect that device. And turning off sync shouldn't have any effect on whether another email app can retrieve the mail.

c_bryant34

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Bingo - If you're using the Hub and have your Gmail account setup in there you can disable the sync in Gmail and still get it in Hub.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX