Engadget Reporting HTC EVO 4G suffering occasional micro-USB port issues?

deltatko

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat...back to this Pre that feels like a toy (yup), is too small (yup), and unbelievably s-l-o-w. I can't believe I use to brag about that thing!! This is the pits. My Evo at first would charge very slowly or not hold the charge. Than it just stopped charging all together. I figured it had to be the Evo since I put the Pre on the same charger and it worked fine. I'm hoping that Sprint doesn't give me a problem at the store with fixing or replacing...I baby my phone so I doubt if it's anything that I've done to cause this issue.

You should have no problem as long as you have TEP on it. I had to swap mine out last month and they said that the store I went to gets a couple people a week who have had the port quit on them.

eze036

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
i see about 3 evo a day with this issue..i had my evo for a yr and never had this issue...the cause is people put to much stress pressure while it charging and itll break everytime...i think htc need to make them alot more durable like they did for the shift 4g...

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
i see about 3 evo a day with this issue..i had my evo for a yr and never had this issue...the cause is people put to much stress pressure while it charging and itll break everytime...i think htc need to make them alot more durable like they did for the shift 4g...

A lot of their newer phones are metal, so that should alleviate the problems with their new models.

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
only time i have a problem is with car chargers. i'm talking the full fledge. not the plugs with usb port for a wire to plug into.

i never have a problem with wall or my wire to my pc. or any other type of charger. only the full fledged units.

onlyoneromeo

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
After having this problem for the second time now I am on the waiting list to receive another phone from sprint. This is a widespread problem with the early build phones. Both phones I had were 002 builds which had this design flaw. From what I understand the 004 models have a different design for the charging port which fixed the problem. Google "HTC ego 4g charging port" and u will see many posts about this. Sprint does not really know to deal w this problem. I had to take my phone to an independent repair shop to get fixed because the sprint repair centers deemed it beyond repair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001