Error when creating a backup

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Everytime I create a backup I get an error that says

"unable to find volume."
"Error finding an appropriate backup handler."

Cloworkrecoveryimage.jpg

so my phone never successfully creates a backup... Does anyone know of a fix for this... It does this no matter if I boot up in recovery or if I try to create a backup through Rom manager... Please help..

Last edited:

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Try re-flashing CWM through ROM Manager. I would also suggest upgrading to the TOUCH recovery.

Yup I did re-flash through ROM Manager but it didnt work... I think im going to try the touch recovery now and we will see how that works..

Last edited:

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Yup I did re-flash through ROM Manager but it didnt work... I think im going to try the touch recovery now and we will see how that works..

Good call. I've never seen that error before, so as far as personal troubleshooting, I have no idea.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Good call. I've never seen that error before, so as far as personal troubleshooting, I have no idea.

After looking for 24 hrs and visiting a ton of forums I have found someone who has helped me solve the issue... Delete the .android_secure folder on the SD card... Man finally.. Only thing that sucks is I dont have a backup of my original rom but whatever...

Here is the thread

CWR Issues (Nandroid Backup/Restore) Failure - MyDroidWorld

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick