Evo HDMI out mirroring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradleyw801

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
hmm connected to HDMI and cam flash turned on wont turn off so there's definitely some conflict somewhere.
I'm going to reinstall fresh Rom & kernel see how it goes.

I would suggest that. I would also make sure you wipe the dalvik cache before you install Artlans zip. That did the trick for me and solved all my problems.

baknblack

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving this thread :) we are witnessing an epic accomplishment!!!!
I've never looked at the source code for an android kernel but, I knew the evos chipset had hardware accel built in and HTC was in such a rush to get the evo out they probably thought if we don't code in a driver for hdmi the phone doesn't need the acceleration.
I'd lay good money that once they get wind of this they will snag it for themselves.

SSjon

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I can't get the kernel zip to flash. Keep getting...

Verifying update package...
E:Wrong digest:
system/lib/modules/sequans_sdio.ko
E:Verification failed

Installation aborted.

I have wiped dalvik and cache and using RA recovery 2.2.1 and currently running rom and kernel in sig. Any ideas?

baknblack

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

Installation aborted.

I have wiped dalvik and cache and using RA recovery 2.2.1 and currently running rom and kernel in sig. Any ideas?

Yeah, zip isn't signed or has an invalid signature. If your using amon_ra toggle verification off. If you got the latest version it's off by default. rom manager doesn't contain the latest version yet. don't think you toggle verification with clockwork.

Reactions: SSjon

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

Installation aborted.

I was running MikFroYo V4.5 as well. I'm installing calks see how it goes.

baknblack

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok installed calk rom and HDMI 2.6.32.15 kernel.
Its still a no go on displaying Sense and video.
Hardware Ver 0003.

I've heard some TVs won't sync with the evo.

I found this------> maybe?

I was having a lot of trouble with my evo trying to use the HDMI port.

I got a cable on ebay for about $6 and it never worked,I was thinking the problem was my phone, but then I found a seller on ebay named m0n0lith who sell original MOLEX cables for $14 with fast shipping included, and guess what?

IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!!!!!!!No freezing and "great" image quality (30 fps,so...)

Don't buy a cheap cable, don't waste time and money, believe me, buy a genuine Molex cable and forget about problems with your EVO HDMI port

Last edited:

bradleyw801

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Well its always syned with my EVO displaying picture slideshow....it still does with HDMI kernel.
I never got sound until kernel on board so there's a little good news

I don't think that your issue is with the TV, because you are getting the slideshow. I do have a TV that can't get anything from the Evo, and never could.

I would bet it is still in the kernel. You could do a nandroid backup, then start completely over. Wipe everything, then put on the rom you want to use, and flash the zip. But I wouldn't restore anything else. Don't use titanium or anything else, and then test from there. If it works, you know it's something in the install. If it doesn't, you may have a bigger problem.

The developer uses fresh, and I have it confirmed working on Ava, so you may want to try one of those.

artlan

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Wow o.o I come back from 2 client calls and see a flood of new posts! Looking forward to getting home to test this out myself :) :)

kingtheproducer

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I ****ing love this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just got off of work and I got a six pack of Blue Moon and a bag of Hot Cheetos and THIS is what i'm spending my time doing!!! I get off of work and find 3 new pages of progress, I ****ING LOVE IT!!!

Samaberro, Once you have this in one apk file, YOU NEED TO SELL THIS!!! I give you my permission. :) I rarely buy apps, but to support you for what you've done for us is priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!

But keep it under $2.99 hahahaha

artlan

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Okay - first time really getting to test this out and while I don't have the means of making a awesome video or taking snazzy shots of it.... wow...
Played FPSE (PS1 Emulator) and had Lunar 1 playing on my TV... quality was great :D Audio came out nice and the video was about as smooth as the emulator itself! Noticed very little - if really any - lag on that.

Did notice a bit of screen update lag on the home screen when flipping quickly from page to page - no biggie there...

Next up was RockPlayer playing very large (almost 2 gig) video file.
I can't say how happy I was to finally... FINALLY... see RockPlayer playing a video on my TV... and (to me anyways) it look at smooth as on the phone itself.

This being said, I did have to fiddle a bit with this to get it initially working. Could have been because my cable is so amazingly touchy...
But when I first got it going, there was no video going to my TV (sound familiar?) I had to toggle to software mode and back again for it to come on. (This was only needed once though... subsequent tests didn't require me to toggle)
Also, and again it may have been my loose cable - when I first launched FPSE and rotated the phone I lost video signal. Then no matter what I did all I'd get back was flashing black/red screen on the TV. Tried starting/stopping service. Turning TV off and ON. Hardware/Software toggle... nothing.
What finally worked was using my ES TaskManager to kill every thing running. That seemed to free up the system again and I had 0 problems. Cable even wobbled in and out a bit during the opening scene to Lunar but it always came back on once it established connection.

This... is... so... COOL :)

33colburn

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Tested this after using the flashable zip file. Overall I am amazed how fast this came together and how well it is already. I watched some sprint tv espn mobile live and that was the only place I noticed a lot of flickering, about 1 flicker every 2 seconds. I then streamed some live tv through the internet browser and rarely a flicker. Once every 10 min might just be the connection. Sam you have done a great job. Also thank you for the quick replies to all my ? I know once this thing blows up, and it will, you will not be so easy to reach. So let me once again say thank you. I can't wait to see how this is going to get improved. A little flickering about all I can see and some visual enhancements maybe. I also was wondering when you are messing with the drivers for the hardware acceleration if there is a way to incorporate it so that it improves the hardware acceleration of the gpu all the time, even with the hdmi off. I have heard lots of people complain of the GPU in the evo but with what you have done maybe you could put a few more horses under the hood, even with hdmi off.

Ep3n3wp

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Wow sounds... Sounds and looks like a lot of progress has been made the last couple days...
I can't wait to use this!!!!
Anyway I can help alpha or beta test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goodweather2024