Evo Purchasing FAQ

lanenubia

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Three Sprint Device Insurance/Protection Options

how much is insurance from sprint? and what does it protect?

1. Total Equipment Protection -- $84 per year
    Combines the Equipment Replacement Program and Equipment Service & Repair Program described below:

2. Equipment Replacement Program -- $48 per year with a $50 or $100 non-refundable deductible per claim
    Coverage for devices that are lost or stolen or have liquid or physical damage.

3. Equipment Service & Repair Program -- $48 per year
    Coverage for failure from normal wear and tear and out-of-warranty mechanical and electrical failure.

There is no deductible on an home owners insurance rider and its only $30 per year to cover full device replacement costs

geomens

May 21, 2010
Visit site
My third line is eligible but the person using it won't use it and wanted to try it. I had done it one time before and it worked. My line is not due for the upgrade until November but I really cannot wait. I currently have the 9630 and have crappy coverage so that's where the wifi comes in.

If I was to go into a third party reseller such as Best Buy or Radio Shack, do I need to bring the person using that line with me or not or are there other ways to do this.

I am the account holder BTW.

Usually the account holder can make any changes to the account, so it should be easy for you. I have always made changes to my daughter's phone without anyone asking about their information. When you log into your sprint account, you should see all the phones on your account.

cdaniel76

May 11, 2010
Visit site
2) They told me I was the 41st pre-order at that location and that they would have the phone for me on June 4th. When I pressed them on this to make sure I could pick it up "on June 4th" the rep back-tracked a little and said baring a shortage from the manufacturer there should be plenty "on June 4th." I asked "Even for the 41st pre-order customer?" He said "yes," with a smirk. This whole exchange made me nervous but I grabbed my spot in the pre-order line anyway.

So my real question is, what are my chances of getting it "on June 4th" via a Best Buy or Radio Shack or whatever. Err, what is best way to but it period to get it "on June 4th"?

Thx for the info.

I was told my the rep I dealt with at my local Best Buy that they will be ordering as many phones as they get preorders. She couldn't tell me if they would receive all they order though.

Bic

May 18, 2010
Visit site
  1. Total Equipment Protection -- $84 per year
    Combines the Equipment Replacement Program and Equipment Service & Repair Program described below:

2. Equipment Replacement Program -- $48 per year with a $50 or $100 non-refundable deductible per claim
    Coverage for devices that are lost or stolen or have liquid or physical damage.

3. Equipment Service & Repair Program -- $48 per year
    Coverage for failure from normal wear and tear and out-of-warranty mechanical and electrical failure.

There is no deductible on an home owners insurance rider and its only $30 per year to cover full device replacement costs

And don't forget your credit card coverage. When you buy with their cards, I get 90 days of accidental damage/theft coverage for free, plus a one-year warranty extension beyond the manufacturer's. Call your card company for details.

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
So I just confirmed with 3 different Best Buy stores that they are selling the EVO outright for $599. Make sure you mention RadioShacks price of $499 because they price match.

anastasio24

May 25, 2010
Visit site
No, Sprint will only have phones first come first serve starting on June 4th

Actually I called Sprint and they are taking orders over the phone now and will overnight ship them. I came from AT&T so my account doesn't even start until the 4th but all the paperwork is already filled out, credit check complete and payment made. I found this out by going to sprint.com and chatting with a rep.

slthree

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Actually I called Sprint and they are taking orders over the phone now and will overnight ship them. I came from AT&T so my account doesn't even start until the 4th but all the paperwork is already filled out, credit check complete and payment made. I found this out by going to sprint.com and chatting with a rep.

I think this is wrong.

I spoke with 2 different telesales reps who said they are absolutely NOT taking pre orders and NOT shipping phones.

They don't know the resaon for this but they are certain they are NOT taking preorders. THey are just taking names and are going to email customers who signed up to alert them they can go to a Sprint store to buy an EVO.

slthree

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I hope my previous post didnt sound snarky. Over night I realized that Sprint is famous for giving mixed messages.

Maybe someone else can check with them.

A friend from my church thought he pre ordered from Sprint (using chat online) and I encouraged him to follow up with telesales. Sure enough, he discovered that there was no pre order for him

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I hope my previous post didnt sound snarky. Over night I realized that Sprint is famous for giving mixed messages.

Maybe someone else can check with them.

A friend from my church thought he pre ordered from Sprint (using chat online) and I encouraged him to follow up with telesales. Sure enough, he discovered that there was no pre order for him

As far as I know you can't pre-order through telesales. I have heard of a few people being able to pre-order at the stores but it seems each store has a policy on that. I would tell your friend to go in to a store and see.

anon(27062)

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Leveraging a long time between phone upgrades?

I was originally eligible for the $150 credit toward a new phone a couple of years ago, but I have not used it yet as I've been waiting for a new phone from Sprint that was worth purchasing. The EVO 4G appears to be that phone.

Does anyone know if there is a way to leverage my extra long period of time between phone upgrades toward a larger than $150 discount, or perhaps a shorter waiting period until the next discount eligibility?

Also, I have heard that RS has a program that offers a $10 discount coupon for new customers. Does anyone know about this, and how/if it can be applied toward the EVO 4G?

Thanks

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I was originally eligible for the $150 credit toward a new phone a couple of years ago, but I have not used it yet as I've been waiting for a new phone from Sprint that was worth purchasing. The EVO 4G appears to be that phone.

Does anyone know if there is a way to leverage my extra long period of time between phone upgrades toward a larger than $150 discount, or perhaps a shorter waiting period until the next discount eligibility?

Also, I have heard that RS has a program that offers a $10 discount coupon for new customers. Does anyone know about this, and how/if it can be applied toward the EVO 4G?

Thanks

No the max you can get is the $150. They don't care that you waited so long. You might be eligible for a premier account. If you are a premier member you can renew after a year and get the full discount.

I don't know about the RS deal

Owleyes

May 22, 2010
Visit site

Thanks

There is 2 ways to get the $10 coupon....you can give the associate your email address and get a coupon in your email in about 3 days....or you can do a customer survey at the bottom of every reciept that is printed from the till.

haloed

May 27, 2010
Visit site
We have 5 phones on our plan my moms is eligible for $150 or full upgrade and Im eligible for a $75 early Upgrade would it be better to cancel my line and just pay the $60 ETF then add a line and get the phone for $200? or just save up and get the phone full price? or just wait till November 1st when I can get full upgrade when there will probably be a better phone out for sprint?

nefas

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Okay let's assume there's no online pre-ordering:

From past Sprint launches (eg Pre), does anyone have an idea what time the ordering process might start online? 12AM or 7AM EST?

I'm on the west coast and I might just have to stay up all night hitting refresh :p

I basically have to order online that day.
Thx

hammdog9

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
So i am not sure if this has been asked by anyone on any other threads but forgive me cause i am new to this and am really jealous of all you sprint customers. Its not avalible in my area. Since verizon and sprint are both cdma do you think after it gets rooted that it could work with verizon ever.

brown88

May 17, 2010
Visit site
i have a few questions. i recently preordered the evo from rs. my contract is up and i am eligible for the $150 upgrade, and by me being a student i was going to add the student discount when i renew my contract tomorrow on sprints website. i just want to know will that in any way affect me from getting the evo for 200 and can i just purchase the plan? how can i rent a phone until the evo comes out cause i was going to sell my original phone and how much does it cost to rent a phone? and will the credit union stack with the student discount cause i am also in a credit union. thanks in advance.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I have done the "Swap" before myself online. No problems. The BB sales person told me she can do it as my wifes line qualifies. I just have to bring in her phone. They will activate it on her line, then move the Evo to my line, then put her phone back on her line and move my TP2 to my Son's line....... My other Son is mad he is not getting a new phone.

And when you do the swap, you can add insurance to the line, even if you had that phone for years. Once activated on a line, the system automatically lets you add the insurance.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000