Evo Purchasing FAQ

ceetwokay

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I know this has probably been answered already but I just went onto Sprint in January before I knew about the EVO. Now I know im not eligible for an upgrade for a long time but say if I open up a second line on my account, keep the line open for a month or two and cancel it, ill essentially be able to by the phone for the 199 price?

anon(22885)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm a sprint premier customer and I plan on buying my EVO at Best Buy. Will I get a discount on accessories for being a premier customer at Best Buy or do I have to go to a sprint store to recive the discount?

schultepk

May 21, 2010
Visit site
What are the odds of getting an EVO on June 7th, the Monday after the release?

I'll be out of town and unable to get one until then.

How many will Sprint stores have in stock?

heberman

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I know this has probably been answered already but I just went onto Sprint in January before I knew about the EVO. Now I know im not eligible for an upgrade for a long time but say if I open up a second line on my account, keep the line open for a month or two and cancel it, ill essentially be able to by the phone for the 199 price?

Yes, but you'll have to pay the early termination fee.

djmannyd

May 25, 2010
www.djmannyd.com
So I'm a noob to Android and coming from the Pre to the EVO. Thanks to all you guys on AndroidCentral for switching me over from WebOS..... Anywho, I am a Sprint Premier Customer now and bought my Pre on July 31st, my yearly upgrade is due on July 1st but my question is: Is there anyway to get my EVO on launch with my upgrade discount? I know I'm shootin for the stars on this one but I already bought a few accessories for it, been tellin everyone at work about it but they don't even listen anymore(damn Iphone guys) and I don't even like using my PRE anymore or going onto PreCentral either, lol. I know thats a lil much to hear from a noob like me but DAMN that EVO is like a mistress and my PRE is like an exwife already, lol. So if someone could help me, it would be much appreciated.

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
So I'm a noob to Android and coming from the Pre to the EVO. Thanks to all you guys on AndroidCentral for switching me over from WebOS..... Anywho, I am a Sprint Premier Customer now and bought my Pre on July 31st, my yearly upgrade is due on July 1st but my question is: Is there anyway to get my EVO on launch with my upgrade discount? I know I'm shootin for the stars on this one but I already bought a few accessories for it, been tellin everyone at work about it but they don't even listen anymore(damn Iphone guys) and I don't even like using my PRE anymore or going onto PreCentral either, lol. I know thats a lil much to hear from a noob like me but DAMN that EVO is like a mistress and my PRE is like an exwife already, lol. So if someone could help me, it would be much appreciated.

Some people have been able to get their upgrade moved up, call sprint or maybe online chat with them and see if you can sweet talk a rep into doing it for you, but you may have to order it online or from a Sprint store..

a4x4kindagal

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
It is not technically allowed for you to buy a phone with a line that is eligible for the discount and then swap it to another line. If you do this and are sending in a MIR you will get denied. It is much easier to pull this trick off if you buy at a thrid party reseller.
tell them it is for a significant other and you are surprising them. If they activate the phone, your S/O will be without a means of communication, it also ruins your surprise.

I have a wireless internet usb card with Sprint that is still under contract for another year and a half, and a phone that is off contract...Please correct me if I am reading this wrong ... If I go pick up my pre order EVO at BB and tell them it's for SO & not to activate it, I can then go home & call Sprint & change my internet card to a voice line to activate the EVO on??? .... Since the EVO can connect 8? devices WIFI I won't need the seperate internet card...

I hope I'm understanding this right! Only 4 days.