EVO update 3.70.651.1 pushing out now!

ross518

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Evo update problem

Just installed the Evo update and Swype keeps shutting down. I had Swype beta which I have uninstalled and reinstalled but it is still crashing. Any thoughts.

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Just installed the Evo update and Swype keeps shutting down. I had Swype beta which I have uninstalled and reinstalled but it is still crashing. Any thoughts.
you have to uninstall Swype and the Swype installer then do the update. you do not need to reinstall Swype after the update. Swype is now native to the EVO therefore no longer necassary to have the beta version

madeagain#AC

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
MSN Video now playing after update

I dont know about everyone else but prior to this update I was unable to get MSN videos to play. It would say there is no video format for your phone. Just finished with the update and notice they now play. Just letting everyone know. Not a big deal I guess but it is a nice addition.:cool:

rjbphotos

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Quick question about the kindle app I just ordered the kindle and also wanted the app for my evo so I downloaded it in the market to check it out then uninstalled it before the update just to be safe and not have any problems with it my question is this the app in the market is 2.0 but the one from the update is 1.0 also the one from the update is just called Kindle where the one from the market is called Amazon Kindle so if I download the one from the market will it replace the app from the update thus giving me the 2.0 version.

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Just did the update. Last thing I did was check my internal storage space before I updated

Before Update: 64.28 MB Free (With Swype Beta Uninstalled)
After Update: 62.86 MB Free

Stop crying!

Kevin_G_Sanchez

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Quick question about the kindle app I just ordered the kindle and also wanted the app for my evo so I downloaded it in the market to check it out then uninstalled it before the update just to be safe and not have any problems with it my question is this the app in the market is 2.0 but the one from the update is 1.0 also the one from the update is just called Kindle where the one from the market is called Amazon Kindle so if I download the one from the market will it replace the app from the update thus giving me the 2.0 version.

Yea, it will replace it.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
OK so for anyone who bought NOVA, like myself, what happens after the update?

It's not going to screw up my full version of Nova, will it? Or will I have two separate versions on my phone, the full and the demo version?

Also, what version of the Kindle app comes with it? I already had that app and I just updated it yesterday to version 2, I am guessing I can just update that again should the Evo update take it back to an older version, right?

Karadax

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I found the update this morning. Installed it, forgetting to uninstall swype beta. Upon reboot it kept force quiting. As soon as the update was done I changed input type to the normal keyboard which stopped the force quiting. Removed swype beta, changed input back to swype and all was ok.

Install took about 15 minutes. I considered it effortless.

ashakouri1

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I had the swype beta already installed, and I didn't know that this update was going to give us swype. I installed the update, and I was getting a force close on swype...so I deleted the program, but now neither of the programs are on my phone. The beta one and the one I got from the update...any way to remedy this?

carvation

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
phone keeps getting an error when trying to installing the ota, rooted with unrevoked with stock rom 3.259.651, d/l 3 different times, anybody encountered this, might try to unroot , anybody else going thru this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hohenheimofdarkness