EVO update 3.70.651.1 pushing out now!

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Do not spread misinformation... I can confirm at least for me the update added 11-12mb of extra space. Mostly because the Swype is much smaller then my beta one was. Also all the added apps are less then 500kb each. What i'm guessing is the ROM was re-worked and petitioned space to make this stuff fit without using extra space.

I'm also glad my source came through and gave me a solid date, that it would be releasing today. I had edited my first post with that. So thank my source! haha

it's not misinformation. i started with 250-255MB and now have 240MB.

your comparison is not accurate because YOU HAD SWYPE on your device ALREADY! hence - an apples to apples comparison for the majority of us THAT DID NOT have Swype and the rest of the listed BLOATWARE would see a big increase. to say that the update ADDS space for the average user is misinformation! you can't ADD BLOATWARE APPS that weren't there before and GAIN space!

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
it's not misinformation. i started with 250-255MB and now have 240MB.

your comparison is not accurate because YOU HAD SWYPE on your device ALREADY! hence - an apples to apples comparison for the majority of us THAT DID NOT have Swype and the rest of the listed BLOATWARE would see a big increase. to say that the update ADDS space for the average user is misinformation! you can't ADD BLOATWARE APPS that weren't there before and GAIN space!

Well sorry to tell you bud, but of all the apps it adds. Nothing even calculates to 15mb of space. VVM was over-written, Sprint Zone was over-written, and Telenav was over-written, Sprint TV app was over-written. Blockbuster app is 472kb, Adobe Reader 72kb, Kindle 1.57mb, Nova 252kb, Swype 572kb. So does any of that add up to 10-15mb? No it doesn't.

Last edited:

Crimson

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I uninstalled the Swype beta before installing this update, rebooted, then checked my space. My space went from 251mb to 249mb after the update.

NDchem2014

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
splmonster and Gekko,

I'm pretty sure there could be a variation somewhere that amounts for the difference. However, get over it. If he saw a decrease in space then he saw a decrease. It's not misinformation, it's just his own accounting of it. Stop bickering about it. Be happy that you saw an increase in space available and let everyone know what you saw. Same as he did for the decrease.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I uninstalled the Swype beta before installing this update, rebooted, then checked my space. My space went from 251mb to 249mb after the update.

2-3mb of a loss is more realistic. Considering if you add up all those apps, it comes around that. Interesting part is you had Swype beta which was usually 8-10mb itself, while the new one is less then 400kb. So you should of gained some. Weird

ReproOne

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
In my list of running services, I noticed three additional items. One is for the market, but the other two I am not sure what they are for. They are PVMtpServiceStart and PVWmdrmService. Does anyone know what they are for?

Hayze

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Woo! Just got the update pushed to my phone!! I'll answer any questions about it after I get it all installed and such.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
In my list of running services, I noticed three additional items. One is for the market, but the other two I am not sure what they are for. They are PVMtpServiceStart and PVWmdrmService. Does anyone know what they are for?

I believe it's the DRM services for "Blockbuster". Cause those are the same services on the Droid X that also carries the "Blockbuster" app.

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Could someone please help me I got the invite for Swype I had forgot it was in the new update and when I pushed the update it is tossing out swype has unexpectedly force closed I'm not rooted and have just got the phone I tried to delete the swype installer and swype its self that didn't help at all cuz i tried a reinstall and comes up after doing that is there anyway I could reflash the stock new update from the stock recovery or will the brick the phone usually that will but any help will be appreciated

Sent By Using White EVO 4G PrittyBoy203