EVO update 3.70.651.1 pushing out now!

ReproOne

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I went in to the Block Buster application, without activiating it, and then went into the menu and "cancelled movie updating service". Not sure if that was running, or if it started with the application as it is always back on when I go back into the app. However, those services are still running. YOu know of anyone to get them to stop automatically?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I went in to the Block Buster application, without activiating it, and then went into the menu and "cancelled movie updating service". Not sure if that was running, or if it started with the application as it is always back on when I go back into the app. However, those services are still running. YOu know of anyone to get them to stop automatically?

maybe go into settings--->apps--->blockbuster and clear data and cache - and then never open that app again? that's what i did. the last thing i need or want is the Blockbuster Bloatware App eating my resources all day behind my back.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
bloatware...bloatware...bloatware
Yawn. Yawn. Yawn.
I'd like to avoid this update at all cost.
Get an iPhone. Problem solved.

I noticed the update was available for my 0002 launch day EVO in Detroit around noon when I woke up. When it first came up, it wasn't connecting to wi-fi because that was turned off, and I had to update the PRI to get 3G. After some initial funkyness, it seems OK.

Tried Swype for a moment and remembered why I stopped bothering keeping up with my betas and just bought SwiftKey. It's truly terrible and I remain mystified as to its raving fans.

Tried listening to a few Shoutcast stations thru Winamp and they sounded OK.

As much as I can't stand the "bloat" crybabies, the Blockbuster app is a good argument for their point. I could see Netflix, maybe, but yeesh. I haven't rented a movie other than with a free Redbox code in YEARS.

Can't find the Scan For 4G thing anywhere which is a moot point because Detroit will likely get 4G sometime after the Lions have a .500 season.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Keep the topic clean guys... We don't need insults, or any mention of an iPhone. Strictly keep this about the update and what it has.

NDchem2014

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Can't find the Scan For 4G thing anywhere which is a moot point because Detroit will likely get 4G sometime after the Lions have a .500 season.

You leave the lions alone. They seem to be on an upward swing. This season would have went better if they wouldn't get ridiculous calls that take TDs away from them.

Get used to bloatware people. Your comment about an "non-android phones" doesn't work with that. The only way to truly get away from it is to own a Nexus phone or root. Other then that, get over it. Welcome to the current state of affairs.

edit: trying to keep the ban hammer from the mod from hitting me in the head.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
as i stated earlier - i wouldn't mind the bloatware so much if Sprint didn't scrimp on the EVO's internal storage space in the first place.

when you only have 358MB available to begin with from a factory fresh state - every MB counts. it adds insult to injury when you add more and more mandatory bloatware with every update.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
as i stated earlier - i wouldn't mind the bloatware so much if Sprint didn't scrimp on the EVO's internal storage space in the first place.

when you only have 358MB available to begin with from a factory fresh state - every MB counts. it adds insult to injury when you add more and more mandatory bloatware with every update.

Sprint had nothing to do with cramping the internal ROM. That's all HTC...

igobytony

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you just need to chill out for a minute and the guys who made whatever rooted rom you use will out out another with the update. I've already seen that some developers had theirs ready to go within just a few hours.

Edit: looks like someone beat me to it... :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Splmonster, Gekko, you both need to calm down. You're both trolling this thread and causing a confrontation which is distracting to everyone else.

DesertSilver#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
With 4G turned ON but not connected, there is a persistent "4G!" icon in the notification bar (top left). I haven't seen this mentioned in the last few pages of this thread.

Is there any way to get rid of this icon? I know I could turn 4G off, but I'm in a 4G area and just don't get a signal inside my work building.

Edit: If I'm not mistaken, there used to be a "4G available notification" setting (similar to the currently available Wifi network notification) that is no longer there.

Last edited:

kayropr

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Updated about an hr ago and just noticed that when an app force closes you can't report it anymore. The force close window doesn't have the option to report. Has anyone else notice that?

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk

bobng

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
If you currently have Swype Beta installed go to Swype forums before downloading the update. The Sprint update Swype & Beta do not work together.

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
With 4G turned ON but not connected, there is a persistent "4G!" icon in the notification bar (top left). I haven't seen this mentioned in the last few pages of this thread.

Is there any way to get rid of this icon? I know I could turn 4G off, but I'm in a 4G area and just don't get a signal inside my work building.

Edit: If I'm not mistaken, there used to be a "4G available notification" setting (similar to the currently available Wifi network notification) that is no longer there.

I think that's the "scan 4g" thingie that was mentioned. I'm hoping that this means that you don't persistently scan for 4g when out of range, thereby saving on battery life and allowing you to keep 4g on.

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
My phone is rooted with unrevoked. My phone just found the download, downloaded and after it installed it, it showed an exclamation point with a triangle around it and the little green Android man... Anyone have any ideas?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Sprint had nothing to do with cramping the internal ROM. That's all HTC...

false. Sprint tells HTC what specs they want for their phones - especially their flagship phones. if Sprint wants X Sprint gets X. Sprint is the customer - hence - Sprint dictates to HTC what specs they want for their phones - not the other way around. Sprint sets the retail price and Sprint sets the specs - including internal storage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
claywinston