Evo update is live now!!!!!!!!!!

ToddPsyD

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Mine seems to be snappier and crisp. I'm disappointed the notification icons are not green like I have seen on other phones with 2.3.

agreed it does feel "snapier" - not sure if thats due to the fresh feeling from an update or some "under the hood" goodness from gingerbread.

K3VO1D

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
A coworker's phone keeps displaying "checking...." but to no avail will it find the update. Has been rebooted, WiFi and many other settings reset several times but will still not download or even recognize that there is an update....I've only seen one other post like this so aficionados...please don't hesitate to jump in!

tarn451

May 19, 2011
Visit site
A coworker's phone keeps displaying "checking...." but to no avail will it find the update. Has been rebooted, WiFi and many other settings reset several times but will still not download or even recognize that there is an update....I've only seen one other post like this so aficionados...please don't hesitate to jump in!

It comes in waves so their servers won't overload

Last edited:

Nate79

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyone else NOT updating? I've spent a lot of time reading here and on the Sprint forum about all of the issues that people are running into with the update. It doesn't seem worth losing Netflix and dealing with all of the bugs just to have Gingerbread which I hear isn't that much better than Froyo.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Is there anyone else NOT updating? I've spent a lot of time reading here and on the Sprint forum about all of the issues that people are running into with the update. It doesn't seem worth losing Netflix and dealing with all of the bugs just to have Gingerbread which I hear isn't that much better than Froyo.

If I was you I would wait a few days and see what kind of issues start showing. It just now came out and you can see some bugs that are already surfaced.

I really don't plan on giving it a try. I'm rooted and been using CM7 which is 2.3.4 for months now. I don't care for Sense and from what I have seen it doesn't look much different. Just some new fixes that you don't see and some new feature. The one thing that I have read about is the flash when taking pics at night. It flickers so your pics are not washed out. Other than that it doesn't interest me at all.

jamie

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I noticed on sportscenter this morning that Shaq gets a call on a Evo during his retirement conference. You can definitely see the kick stand on the back.

Nate79

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm passing on the update. After spending all weekend on this forum, Sprint's forum, even the Htc forum, I'm not going anywhere near this update. There's just too many issues with it, my phone works great now. I don't want to screw with it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali