Extended Battery and Phone Boot Issues

iijeriichoii

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
So I just got the extended battery and popped it right in, the phone booted up fine, etc. Now it had 15% battery, and was charging via USB, when it shut off. I can't wake it, I plugged it into a wall charger, the phone doesn't boot on.

I thought maybe it had to do with the battery, but I can't seem to get the extended battery out...help?

iijeriichoii

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
And just like that, it randomly turned on, low battery though. I'll charge and hope for the best. STILL can't remove the extended battery though.

xjoshuax89

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the extended battery is a pain to remove. It does not come out that easily. I fixed the HD station issue. I had a defective station and they replaced it with a new one. For the trouble I got a nice little car towel with 4G LTE on it and a discount on a nice case which fits the regular and extended battery cover.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
So I just got the extended battery and popped it right in, the phone booted up fine, etc. Now it had 15% battery, and was charging via USB, when it shut off. I can't wake it, I plugged it into a wall charger, the phone doesn't boot on.

I thought maybe it had to do with the battery, but I can't seem to get the extended battery out...help?

Front USB ports tend to not have enough power to charge, it was probably discharging faster than the USB port could charge given you were @ 15%.
Try using the USB ports in the back of the computer, or better yet use the wall charger and you won't have any issues.

My X battery was also difficult to get out, so I put a piece of scotch tape from the back of the battery to the front and made a "Tab" which makes it very easy to pull out (still on their after 14 mo.).

kawyatt

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
The battery is hard to get out of the Bionic. My X had a tab under the battery you just pull slightly and it would pop right up to remove. They should have put a similar tab in the Bionic. All in all aside of battery issues at the moment and only 4 days with the Bionic.....Love it so far.
Yet i still think I should have hung on too my X for a bit just incase.