Extended Battery Options

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I installed a Seidio 1750 mAh battery in my EVO on Tuesday. So far I have seen minimal improvement but it's only had 1 recharge on it so far (About to be second tonight) and their manual says you don't get full life until after 4 - 5 charging cycles. for the most part it appears I get about 10% better life out of this battery but it does not add any bulk to the phone. Which is what I was aiming for. Even before I was getting a full days worth out of the stock battery. Right now I am pushing 30 hours on the 1750 with very minimal use as I was traveling all day today and only used the phone for maybe 15 minutes of talk, a handful of text messages and MABYE 90 minutes of web while I stopped to eat and get gas. Phone reads 30 hours 22 minutes since unplugged and 4 hours 47 minutes awake. I have ATK installed to kill open applications. I have noticed that a few Apps (Qik is one) seem to open back up after a while even when they are killed....

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
it seems that Seidio as well as Amazon are selling two different versions of the same 1750 battery

1) HTC TP2 or Hero BASI17HTP2

2) HTC Evo BASI17HEV4

I was under the assumption that the batteries were the same? and that Hero/TP2/Evo batteries were interchangeable?

For those that already received their battery can you let me know which version you received?

I dont want to wait 2-3 weeks for the "evo version"

chaosmaker2k

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
it seems that Seidio as well as Amazon are selling two different versions of the same 1750 battery

2) HTC Evo BASI17HEV4

I was under the assumption that the batteries were the same? and that Hero/TP2/Evo batteries were interchangeable?

For those that already received their battery can you let me know which version you received?

I dont want to wait 2-3 weeks for the "evo version"

I was just about to post this lol I am a Pre user who switched to EVO and the Huge Seidio battery for my Pre added a full 12hrs of heavy text and facebooking. So it took the OEM from 12 hours to 24 hours. I'd call that inprovement. Now I dont want the Huge one for my EVO so I ordered the OEM fit from Seidio thinking that the one on Amazon is a older version. I'll be testing and posting results when it arrives. Shouldbe here monday. And yes with the the Seidio it does take 4-5 charges to to maximum results. I bought the separate charger too. Had it with my Pre just incase I forgot to charge the battery I could put the OEM in to last the day

chaosmaker2k

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

2) HTC Evo BASI17HEV4

My thought on this is that the one listed on Seidio's site is the one really designed for the EVO and the other was for whatever older phones it said. Amazon and other sites list that older model as working on EVO. But is was made before the EVO. So that means it may be a little different than the one Seidio is selling

markdek

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
From HTC:

"Hi, I'm Victor, and I will be glad to assist you today. At this time we are looking into the issue with the WiFi connection issue with the Evo 4G device. At this time we have no information about any updates that will be released to help resolve this issue. If an update is released for your device you will get a notification on your device that an update is available for it.

It may also depend on how offer you have your accounts sync with your device as well if you do not have anything running on the device. You can charge your battery the following way to see if that helps improve the battery life on your device. 1. Connect the phone to the charger and charge the device until the LED turned green with the phone powered ON 2. Disconnect the phone, and power it off. 3. Reconnect the phone to the charger, and charged the device until the LED turns green again. 4. Disconnect the phone, power it on, and then power it off. 5. Reconnect the phone to the charger and charge until the LED turns green again. 6. Power on and use. If you have any other questions feel free to reply."

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Marketing.

I agree because couple of days before the launch seidio's own website was selling the TP2/Hero battery AS THE EVO battery.

Plus its the same phone manufacturer so I dont think there would be harm in using the TP2 battery instead. I'm sure that a lot of people who preordered early got the TP2 batteries but just wanted to confirm.

Seven2k

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I installed a Seidio 1750 mAh battery in my EVO on Tuesday. So far I have seen minimal improvement but it's only had 1 recharge on it so far (About to be second tonight) and their manual says you don't get full life until after 4 - 5 charging cycles. for the most part it appears I get about 10% better life out of this battery but it does not add any bulk to the phone. Which is what I was aiming for. Even before I was getting a full days worth out of the stock battery. Right now I am pushing 30 hours on the 1750 with very minimal use as I was traveling all day today and only used the phone for maybe 15 minutes of talk, a handful of text messages and MABYE 90 minutes of web while I stopped to eat and get gas. Phone reads 30 hours 22 minutes since unplugged and 4 hours 47 minutes awake. I have ATK installed to kill open applications. I have noticed that a few Apps (Qik is one) seem to open back up after a while even when they are killed....

I am totally interested in what you find out. Please keep us posted.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I am totally interested in what you find out. Please keep us posted.

So far after a couple of days I am getting only slightly better battery life vs the stock battery. Only been recharged twice so far and appears I am getting 10 - 15% better battery life. Which would be about right since the battery has roughly 16% more capacity. It's actually hard to fully gauge since the phone is not used EXACTLY the same each day. Last night was pretty hard on the battery as I had two friends come over and they were both playing with it nonstop for a good 2 hours. They probably screwed around with it longer in those 2 hours then I had in the last 24 hours. Plus some days are heavier than others on text messages & e-mail.... Plus my 7 year old got a hold of it once and she had the kick stand propped up on the coffee table and was watching Sprint TV......... Why she would want to watch a 4.3 inch screen instead of the 55" LED with full HD sitting just 8 feet away from the coffee table is beyond me....

Will keep track of my battery life and use and see how the new 1750 holds up after a few more chargers.. Siedio's paper work said you shouldn't expect FULL battery life until after 5 - 6 charge and discharge cycles.... We'll see...

Crackbone

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
From HTC:

"Hi, I'm Victor, and I will be glad to assist you today. At this time we are looking into the issue with the WiFi connection issue with the Evo 4G device. At this time we have no information about any updates that will be released to help resolve this issue. If an update is released for your device you will get a notification on your device that an update is available for it.

It may also depend on how offer you have your accounts sync with your device as well if you do not have anything running on the device. You can charge your battery the following way to see if that helps improve the battery life on your device. 1. Connect the phone to the charger and charge the device until the LED turned green with the phone powered ON 2. Disconnect the phone, and power it off. 3. Reconnect the phone to the charger, and charged the device until the LED turns green again. 4. Disconnect the phone, power it on, and then power it off. 5. Reconnect the phone to the charger and charge until the LED turns green again. 6. Power on and use. If you have any other questions feel free to reply."

I'm wondering if this isn't just essentially calibrating the device. This might be WHY we see such huge acceleration on the amount of battery discharge from 100-80s, etc.

I'm giving it a whirl.

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I'm wondering if there really is a difference. I did notice that the EVO battery lasts longer than my TP2 batteries. I've only had my TP2 for 6 months so I don't think those batteries is already not holding as much charge on them. I have two tp2 batteries.

popo341

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Honestly I have purchased Seidio batteries for a couple of years now for many devices. I have purchased ext life oem and ext life oversized batteries. I bought them for my Treo, my BB Pearl then Curve & my Pre. I now have the EVO & will most likely get the same combo for it. I like the OEM ext life to carry around for an extra battery. The 2600 will be for extended outings. If you are out and about and a heavy user with no chance to connect to a power source then go for the 2600mah and you wont be disappointed. I was never really sure if the oem ext life batteries ever made a difference. Some days it seemed to make a difference then other days who knows. I do know that the 2600mah gives you plenty of juice for a good day and a half of use.

palanilopez12

May 25, 2010
Visit site
http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/bacy35hev4-bk.htm

extended battery option....that doens't look bad at all...it doesn't look as bad as some other pics that I have seen....looks like it might be a little slimmer then other 3500...ill definitely be investing in this

also with this looks like you would have to worry a little less about the camera being scratched which would be a plus as well

Last edited:

palanilopez12

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Ugh the back plate to the 3500man battery is fugly lol I will buy the 1750

you seriously thinks its that bad? I am more concerned with how much of the phones features i can put to use...and if it looks like that with the 3500 battery I dont its that bad at all...but to each their own

Seven2k

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So far after a couple of days I am getting only slightly better battery life vs the stock battery. Only been recharged twice so far and appears I am getting 10 - 15% better battery life. Which would be about right since the battery has roughly 16% more capacity. It's actually hard to fully gauge since the phone is not used EXACTLY the same each day. Last night was pretty hard on the battery as I had two friends come over and they were both playing with it nonstop for a good 2 hours. They probably screwed around with it longer in those 2 hours then I had in the last 24 hours. Plus some days are heavier than others on text messages & e-mail.... Plus my 7 year old got a hold of it once and she had the kick stand propped up on the coffee table and was watching Sprint TV......... Why she would want to watch a 4.3 inch screen instead of the 55" LED with full HD sitting just 8 feet away from the coffee table is beyond me....

Will keep track of my battery life and use and see how the new 1750 holds up after a few more chargers.. Siedio's paper work said you shouldn't expect FULL battery life until after 5 - 6 charge and discharge cycles.... We'll see...

Cool...kids are weird...i bought my son a Buzz lightyear that cost 40 bucks, fully functional like the movie, and he plays with box.

I really hope this thing gives youmore power. I spoke with a "tech" at Seidio and she said that it should give 20%-30% more life.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Cool...kids are weird...i bought my son a Buzz lightyear that cost 40 bucks, fully functional like the movie, and he plays with box.

I really hope this thing gives youmore power. I spoke with a "tech" at Seidio and she said that it should give 20%-30% more life.

This morning I took it off the charger at 8 in the morning.. I work from home on Mondays and decided to turn the WiFi on and run off that all day instead of the 3G network. So far it seems like I am getting awesome battery life as long as I stay attached to my WiFi network. from 8 - 11:30 it didn't lose a single green box... Around noon it finally fell to 90% and now it's almost 1 and still reading about 85% remaining... Very moderate use... No talking, 15 - 20 minutes of web use, a handful of text messages, 2 Facebook checks and a few e-mails... Not much but running just on WiFi while at home seems to improve the battery... Going to see how it holds up the rest of the day since I have no real reason to go any where... Love working from home on Mondays but the rest of the week is spent on the road in hotels so I won't be able to mess with WiFi much....

and all this has been done using the Seidio 1750 battery since about Tuesday of last week..... Phone has gone through 4 - 5 charges and once I ran it flat dead.....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rekys