Facebook Session keeps expiring

KingOx

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
It's getting extremely annoying, every 10 min or so my facebook sync account expires and I have to log in again. I disabled the sync account created by the facebook app and deleted it and created one manually within accounts and sync that also syncs the fb calendar along with contacts. When I look in groups sometimes it'll show all 525 of my fb contacts then they randomly start to drop and now it's showing 509 contacts??? what gives?

lrosenman

May 18, 2010
Visit site
This is happening to me as well. Since I just got the phone yesterday, I don't know if this us a DI18 issue. I hope froyo comes soon with the fixes for tgis and the GPS issues.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
This started happening a week ago. Very annoying, yes.

I haven't pinned the cause down but here's a few guesses...

When the phone is in a low/no coverage area for long periods - it seems to want the Facebook login again and again.

Even though it asks for the login, the Facebook app still works. So I believe it's asking for the login for sync purposes only (contacts, calendar).

As long as I'm in a good coverage area, it asks for the login once per day at the exact same time (my Facebook is set to sync four times per day). But if I'm in a low coverage area, I think it will ask for the login if the phone tries to sync and then is unsuccessful.

techiechick

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Fixed!

The same thing was happening to me. Go to settings > applications > manage applications > Facebook. Click 'uninstall updates", restart your phone and re-login to Facebook.

For some reason the last Facebook app update was causing my issue.