News FedEx can make your phone trade-in disappear, but you don't have to make it easy

makapav

May 22, 2012
Visit site
My Pixel 2 XL trade-in device to Google what's stolen 2019 and Google pretty much gave me the runaround with no help from FedEx either. I lost $1,000 completely out of my pocket.

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Solution seems fairly simple.

Whoever it is, Samsung, Google, etc.. They provide a unique trade-in login. You factory reset the phone, enter the trade-in ID and password, FRP is now in place.

EID is put "on hold" and sent to all carriers. If it's stolen or received as an empty box, it gets blacklisted.

But trade-in providers won't go through that effort because they have no incentive to do so. They get your phone, the fulfill their deal. They don't get it, they already have your money and get full value of the phone. It's win-win for them.

May 28, 2023
Visit site
Stealing the phone out of a FedEx box is a real thing that happens every day.

FedEx can make your phone trade-in disappear, but you don't have to make it easy : Read more
Glad this has finally made the news. I had this happen to me twice. As a result I'm presently thru with samsung trade ins for the foreseeable future. I also agree with the comment about recording yourself at the fedex location as you box up the item and drop it off. I didn't think about the tamper proof tape though. That is a really good idea.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej