finally rooted need advice

juggaloespada

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
i finally got my evo shift temp rooted now i need some advice! what are the roms and kernals used for? which are better? how do i delete useless apps?

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
i finally got my evo shift temp rooted now i need some advice! what are the roms and kernals used for? which are better? how do i delete useless apps?

Read through this http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/05/01/custom-roms-for-android-explained-and-why-you-want-them/ it breaks down what custom ROMs and kernels are. Your going to have to wait until perm root is found until you can start flashing any custom ROMs or Kernels since root will be lost once your phone is rebooted.
Depending on the stability of the temp root, you should be able to remove unwanted apps. You can use an application like titanium backup or root explorer to actually remove the apps from your phone. I suggest titanium backup. Keep in mind since you only have temp root any application you delete will be repopulated once you reboot your phone since they actually built into the Stock ROM that comes on your phone.

Hope that helps a little, if you have any questions fell free to ask.

Sent from my Gingerbread Speedy 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: juggaloespada

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Well put, Crump. You need an unlocked bootloader to make deep system changes and have them stick.

Sent from my wildheroc using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick