Finish Quality/Difference between Aluminum and Stainless [LTE]?

reintgenrc

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
So I don’t have the opportunity to get my hands on any working models due to the pandemic but I did want to know if there is a qualitative difference between the aluminum and stainless models? Though I’m probably going to end up getting a LTE model through AT&T which is stainless, I have been very curious if there is a finish difference because you can't tell from pictures.

Thanks in advance for the help and stay safe.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
So I don’t have the opportunity to get my hands on any working models due to the pandemic but I did want to know if there is a qualitative difference between the aluminum and stainless models? Though I’m probably going to end up getting a LTE model through AT&T which is stainless, I have been very curious if there is a finish difference because you can't tell from pictures.

The aluminum models are a matte finish whereas the stainless are shiny. Also both the silver and black aluminum (can't remember what Samsung calls them) both have a very slight blue hue depending on the light. The stainless are of course heavier than the aluminum.

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site

Apart from the aesthetic descriptions of each finish, I have been pleasantly surprised by the stainless steels durability and resilience. Just yesterday, while plugging in an external hard drive under the desk, I heard a "ding" when my watch bumped into the rear support (also made of metal.) I looked at my watch in dread, expecting the worst, however, not a scratch!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali