First days with the Nexus 6P... coming from a G4

ragdoll08

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I have read reviews about the vibration being weak. How does it compare to the g4?

I think the G4's might have been stronger, but I really haven't noticed a day to day different. To be honest, I have a 2015 Moto 360 too so I really have no excuse for missing calls or notifications, but I don't ever recall not feeling the 6P in a pocket when getting a call.

ragdoll08

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
If you listen closely, at least on my model, there's a tiny rattling sound that comes from the sim card slot that can be heard when either putting the phone down or shaking it. It's something I can live with, but it's noticeable if you're listening for it and slightly annoying.

Using Google Photos for default gallery, I have to also admit, is not the greatest user experience compared to the G4. I'm tempted to load a third party app like Piktures on, but I'm still trying to keep things as stock as possible and trying to learn to love it. I'll even settle for like it.

For all you Snapchatters out there, I will 100% tell you that Snapchat works better on the 6P then it ever did on the G4. Picture quality seems able the same, but the video framerate is much better on the Nexus even though it tends to blow up the frame itself a bit. Taking video snaps on the G4 was completely unusable.

On that note, most apps I use flow better on the 6P. Animations are ever so slightly smoother. It's really the closest I've ever seen apps on Android behave in the same way they do on iOS.

On a "go figure" side note, while comparing screens last night to answer an earlier question, my G4 got updated to the new Play Store. As of this morning, still the same old store on the 6P. Go figure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter