[FIX][4-1-11]Latest ClockworkMod and SuperClean ROM's - Erasing the CWM Confusion

APeaceOfStrange

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Someone else posted in another thread when they did a nandroid backup with the battery at 98% or higher, they did not get the md5 sum error.

I just got the error after booting into cwm after charging to 100% with phone off. I saw that the new kernel in com rom 1.2 patch includes newer cwm. Im holding off on the patch till i understand more about what the newer cwm is but perhaps that will fix the problem.

vluc

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Someone else posted in another thread when they did a nandroid backup with the battery at 98% or higher, they did not get the md5 sum error.

Thanks, Shark. That was me. Debating whether to move to the new CWM 3.x or stay with the old all purpose 2.5.1.x

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, Shark. That was me. Debating whether to move to the new CWM 3.x or stay with the old all purpose 2.5.1.x

Unless you plan on going back to SC at all.... I would go ahead and flash 3.0. From everything I read (here and at xda) it appears that all the new stuff that will be coming out (themes especially) will only be compatible with 3.0

If I am wrong, someone please correct me... thanks

Reactions: vluc

vluc

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I just got the error after booting into cwm after charging to 100% with phone off. I saw that the new kernel in com rom 1.2 patch includes newer cwm. Im holding off on the patch till i understand more about what the newer cwm is but perhaps that will fix the problem.

Where did you see it included the newer cwm? I keep showing 2.5.1.x when I go into recovery. I did see it mentioned being Edify compatible, but IIRC, 251x is.

APeaceOfStrange

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Where did you see it included the newer cwm? I keep showing 2.5.1.x when I go into recovery. I did see it mentioned being Edify compatible, but IIRC, 251x is.

Yes I misunderstood. 2.5.1.x will still be there with the new community rom patch. The thread on xda for the otb kernel mentions something about update.zip and cwm 3.0. Not exactly sure what that means though

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Yes I misunderstood. 2.5.1.x will still be there with the new community rom patch. The thread on xda for the otb kernel mentions something about update.zip and cwm 3.0. Not exactly sure what that means though

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

If you installed the OTB v1.2 kernel alone it will install CWM 3.x with the kernel..

The CommROM 1.2 does not affect the CWM that is currently on your phone.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. I was running purple until I flashed over to OTB 1.5 and it came with it's own recovery...

I understand imnuts has a yellow version with his kernels..

I just wanted to put the link to the Atlas Pit.. I noted the other link was down..

yup its bright yellow.

imnuts new kernel and the link i posted last are the ONLY fully functional recoveries available. EVERYTHING including usb mass storage works. no other recoveries are fully functional.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Except for those of us who still get better results with times_infinity's ComaVolt kernel. It's still in Amend script and requires the CWM-recovery-all-3-30-fix because the new recoveries are not backward compatible and will not flash Amend script, only Edify.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omcars