[FIX][4-1-11]Latest ClockworkMod and SuperClean ROM's - Erasing the CWM Confusion

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
yeah but flashing a rom through cwm may save you from losing data , or flashing my 2.9.2 odin package... if either of those methods dont help then try the EB01 flash

welp i am already DLing the eb01 and so far it looks good.. and i plan to get to your post to get the 2.9.2 and use odin there also.
then i can get back to using CWM.. thanks DroidX...
you have once again been a life saver..

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
it would be a big help if i knew right where to go DroidX.. can ya give me a hint

i want yer odin .2.9.2
and CWM with odin

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
welp i am already DLing the eb01 and so far it looks good.. and i plan to get to your post to get the 2.9.2 and use odin there also.
then i can get back to using CWM.. thanks DroidX...
you have once again been a life saver..

If the situation was reversed you would do the same for me im sure :)

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
oh yea i sure would.. i wish i had the knowledge to unbrick yer fascinate
thx again you have came thru for me more than once..
hey how can i get to the red CWM..

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
reboot

yeah but flashing a rom through cwm may save you from losing data , or flashing my 2.9.2 odin package... if either of those methods dont help then try the EB01 flash

seems i am in a continious reboot mode with red CWM i installed the zips 2.9.2 NV. and nada it still wants a reboot

ok i am pooped out here.. tomorrows another day.. thx for the help, now to get outta the loop to reboot

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
seems i am in a continious reboot mode with red CWM i installed the zips 2.9.2 NV. and nada it still wants a reboot

so you flashed CWM all , then flashed 2.9.2 from this thread and now you are stuck in bootloop?

try to flash my 2.9.2 with odin

APeaceOfStrange

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
my phone started acting up today. It rebooted on its own and is functional, but i lost some things like contacts apk, settings apk, task manager apk, etc.
This has happened twice before and i reflashed the latest SC rom in cwm and it fixed it.

problem is, the nonvoodoo comavolt kernel that i have got rid of my red cwm so i cant reflash SC in cwm right now.

Would following the directions in this OP to flash eb01 in Odin and then flashing new cwm in odin be the best way for me to clean things up and get everything working right again?

Anyone know? I'm assuming its ok but I didn't know if not having any red cwm now would be a problem. Or if there is a better way like just flashing new cwm then SC 2.9.2 or vice versa.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Jmac9

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
ok now i have blue screen and the choices i have are Reboot now..
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory partition
wipe cache partition.

under the droid i have a red lettered msg saying E:Cant mount /dev/block/mmcblkop1 (invalid..... crap screen went back to droid looking at triangle

Ok so I have this screen too. Can't get it to boot. I can get to red CWM but it won't boot there either. Should I just try to install fom my card?

Jmac9

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I have this screen too. Can't get it to boot. I can get to red CWM but it won't boot there either. Should I just try to install fom my card?

This was after first download of EB01 stock in PDA and the Pit file in Pit etc.

**Edit** I didn't load the correct EB01 stock **** All good now

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know? I'm assuming its ok but I didn't know if not having any red cwm now would be a problem. Or if there is a better way like just flashing new cwm then SC 2.9.2 or vice versa.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I posted last night in times_infinity's thread over at XDA about the problem of the nonvoodoo kernel reverting users back to stock blue recovery. He said he was going to look into it and find a solution. His vooodoo kernel is rock star stuff, so I would imagine he will figure out a solution and all nonvoodoo users will be happy with the new kernel once he finds the fix and puts out a new kernel.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Feel so clean now!...One question - which voodoo kernel is in this one?

GizmoDroid doesn't mention anything about a specific kernel in the OP, so I would assume it is the older EC10 kernel included in sc 2.9.2. I flashed the times_infinity ComaVolt kernel after going through all the steps and it is rocking. So if you were using one of the new kernels before and it was working well with your setup, just flash that kernel in cwm and you will be fine.

Reactions: Jmac9

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Nope. don't extract the file. download it and run it through ODIN as is.
You don't extract .tar files, you only extract .tar.rar files. The .rar ending is the difference.

Way to go Jampot. Look at you dishing out the expert advice. So proud.

Reactions: jampot

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
:)
I had the same questions a few weeks ago.
This advice was the advice you gave me!
So I thank YOU!

I'm retaining knowledge!!

That's all I've ever done, retained knowledge and passed along what has been known to work. My mind is like a steel trap........I'm sorry, who are you and where am I? :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
youngdaddy3