Flashing the correct radio?

dgwood12

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
So it appeared everything with the DL09 radio after I flashed it but now in having trouble with the phone signal. Every once in a while the signal is lost weather it be due to poor service in the area or whatever. The problem is that the phone stays stuck with no service like this. The blue circle with the slash through it stays at the top. The way I get the signal to appear again is by turning airplane mode on and then off again. As soon as I do this the blue no signal indicator disappears and the signal bars come back. They have even come back with three or four bars so I know it isn't sticking due to lack of signal. Any ideas of why this is happening?

Sent from my Droid Incredible

vi3tboiii54

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
So it appeared everything with the DL09 radio after I flashed it but now in having trouble with the phone signal. Every once in a while the signal is lost weather it be due to poor service in the area or whatever. The problem is that the phone stays stuck with no service like this. The blue circle with the slash through it stays at the top. The way I get the signal to appear again is by turning airplane mode on and then off again. As soon as I do this the blue no signal indicator disappears and the signal bars come back. They have even come back with three or four bars so I know it isn't sticking due to lack of signal. Any ideas of why this is happening?

Sometimes you gotta flash the DL09 modem through odin twice and update roaming capabilities through *22899 but try those and report back if your still having problems.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'll second the suggestion to reflash your modem. Once you do that program with both *22890 and *22899. Sounds like you're having connection issues with the tower, it could be a bad PRL from the sounds of it.

ehernandez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Where can i get the EB01 radio?? I have tried EC01 but i dont see an improvement and i can no longer tether on my phone. Dont know if that has anything to do with it but i want EB01 back. Please a link anyone.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Where can i get the EB01 radio?? I have tried EC01 but i dont see an improvement and i can no longer tether on my phone. Dont know if that has anything to do with it but i want EB01 back. Please a link anyone.

eb01modem.tar

EDIT - And please observe the forum rules and don't double post meaning posting the same question or request in multiple threads. Thank you.

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Do radios and kernels have to be compatible? I hear that dl09 is better, but in what ways? I mean can I run some of the 2.2 undervolted kernels with dl09 or would I need a later modem, such as eb01, ec10, ea28, etc? Seems like it would be the best of both worlds. Thanks in advance.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Do radios and kernels have to be compatible? I hear that dl09 is better, but in what ways? I mean can I run some of the 2.2 undervolted kernels with dl09 or would I need a later modem, such as eb01, ec10, ea28, etc? Seems like it would be the best of both worlds. Thanks in advance.

DL09 will work with any froyo based kernel you will be fine,,,as far as why its better i dont know

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So you agree it's better too, or you still without right now? Thanks, man.

lol have to find a way to kick a brother whiles he's down huh lol.. stuck with this stupid TB for now...

It works differently for everyone all i can say is try it and see if it works for you.

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
My bad man. Tried to say it as easily as I could. Hadn't been around for a few says. Didn't know if you were back up and running yet or not? What have you red about ed01? Worth trying out yet?

And most importantly, could I get a link to dl09 modem? I tried searching, but I'm afraid it's buried. Thanks, again, man.

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Last question, man. Are all three modems... Ec01, eb01, and dl09 15.51Mb? That just seems weird to me how that works out. Just checking. Thanks, man.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Last question, man. Are all three modems... Ec01, eb01, and dl09 15.51Mb? That just seems weird to me how that works out. Just checking. Thanks, man.

ill give you an analogy,,,i give you a give you 3 boxes all 1ft L x 1ft H x 1ft W

box 1:is filled with 3lbs of sand

box 2: is filled with 5lbs of sand

box 3: is filled with 4lbs of sand

which box is the biggest?

dgwood12

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes you gotta flash the DL09 modem through odin twice and update roaming capabilities through *22899 but try those and report back if your still having problems.

I tried flashing the DL09 modem again (i did it two more times one right after the other just in case) and called both of the *228 numbers and the phone still gets stuck in an airplane mode like state. The blue no signal symbol stays at the top until I turn airplane mode on and then off again. As soon as I do that it picks up the signal again so I know its not due to a dead zone. Any suggestions? I think I might haveaccidentally flashed SC 2.8 on her phone and not 2.9 but would that make a difference? Is there another radio that would correct the problem?

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I tried flashing the DL09 modem again (i did it two more times one right after the other just in case) and called both of the *228 numbers and the phone still gets stuck in an airplane mode like state. The blue no signal symbol stays at the top until I turn airplane mode on and then off again. As soon as I do that it picks up the signal again so I know its not due to a dead zone. Any suggestions? I think I might haveaccidentally flashed SC 2.8 on her phone and not 2.9 but would that make a difference? Is there another radio that would correct the problem?

Then Flash 2.9.2.....See if that helps. Odin it. File can be found here http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...tom-roms-w-root-clockwork-updated-3-25-a.html

Reactions: dgwood12

dgwood12

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Then Flash 2.9.2.....See if that helps. Odin it. File can be found here http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...tom-roms-w-root-clockwork-updated-3-25-a.html

Would this make a big difference? I thought that the radio is what causes issues with network connections. Also, I come from the land of HTC hardware and odin is very confusing to me. Wouldn't I just flash 2.9.2 through CWM? Still not entirely sure how odin works...thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174