Flashing the correct radio?

dgwood12

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Just do it with Odin so easy just read carefully. It is simple. You can try different radios but those need to be flashed through Odin as well.

I'll have to give this a go tonight. Hopefully it fixes the problem. Otherwise I don't know what to do and turning airplane mode on and off several times a day is not an option. Crossing my fingers it can be resolved...

Sent from my Droid Incredible

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I'll have to give this a go tonight. Hopefully it fixes the problem. Otherwise I don't know what to do and turning airplane mode on and off several times a day is not an option. Crossing my fingers it can be resolved...

Post back with outcome or if u need more help. This should help you. I do believe you said you are already on a froyo build, if that is correct you can go right ahead and flash 2.9.2 which is a no data wipe. If you arent on a froyo build make sure to flash 2.9 data wipe first than flash 2.9.2 Good luck you should be fine.

Reactions: dgwood12

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Yes, you can flash the 2.9.2 file in CWM, it is just as easy as flashing in ODIN. File can be found in Adrynalyne's thread here:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...perclean-2-9-2-ea15-eb01-eb16-ec10-based.html

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Would this make a big difference? I thought that the radio is what causes issues with network connections. Also, I come from the land of HTC hardware and odin is very confusing to me. Wouldn't I just flash 2.9.2 through CWM? Still not entirely sure how odin works...thanks!

You're right it is the radio that deals with network connections. You can also try the new EC01 radio:
http://adbdev.com/danknub/ec01_radio.tar

Also, try pulling the notification bar down and toggle the mobile data symbol to see if that helps. Mobile data is the second from the right (looks like two arrows, right one pointing up, and left one pointing down.)

dgwood12

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Post back with outcome or if u need more help. This should help you. I do believe you said you are already on a froyo build, if that is correct you can go right ahead and flash 2.9.2 which is a no data wipe. If you arent on a froyo build make sure to flash 2.9 data wipe first than flash 2.9.2 Good luck you should be fine.

Although not necessary is a full wipe recommended?

@Landshark- thanks. Hoping 2.9.2 will fix my these signal problems...

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Although not necessary is a full wipe recommended?

@Landshark- thanks. Hoping 2.9.2 will fix my these signal problems...

No, full wipe is not necessary or recommended for this move. I would recommend the move to 2.9.2 anyway, but also try the different radio and toggle the mobile data off and on.

dgwood12

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
You're right it is the radio that deals with network connections. You can also try the new EC01 radio:
http://adbdev.com/danknub/ec01_radio.tar

Also, try pulling the notification bar down and toggle the mobile data symbol to see if that helps. Mobile data is the second from the right (looks like two arrows, right one pointing up, and left one pointing down.)

Do many use this new radio? Is there much of a difference? I'm guessing it just depends on the area you are in...

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
It personal preference some people see a big dif, some see no diff, some see minor diff, some see negatives....Just try one for a few days than try another one if u want. I like the DL09 modem find it here DL09 modem

Last edited:

dgwood12

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
No, full wipe is not necessary or recommended for this move. I would recommend the move to 2.9.2 anyway, but also try the different radio and toggle the mobile data off and on.

Good to know. Should anything be wiped prior to flashing? Ie cache and what not...ill try when I get home from work and report back

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Sharky i was just telling him to do it in odin cause than he could flash a modem as well when hes done flashing 2.9.2...just easier IMO

Normally I would agree with you. Actually, I goofed and gave him the wrong 2.9.2 file. Use this SC 2.9.2 file HERE, download it and place it on your sd card. If you are going to be doing any more flashing it makes sense to have the latest version of cwm. So flash the radio in ODIN, then also flash this file CWM-FIX in ODIN. Close ODIN, pull usb cord, put battery back in, hold down volume up, volume down, and power buttons until you see samsung flash for second time on screen. As soon as you see samsung for second time, let go of all three buttons, you will be in red CWM. Flash the above SC 2.9.2 file you put on your sd card.

There is no ODIN package for this 2.9.2 file.

dgwood12

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Im about to flash 2.9.2 and the EC01 radio but I was thinking that maybe another kernel would help? Right now I am just using the standard kernel that comes with 2.8. Would you guys recommend a change in kernel as well to help with the signal probs?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Im about to flash 2.9.2 and the EC01 radio but I was thinking that maybe another kernel would help? Right now I am just using the standard kernel that comes with 2.8. Would you guys recommend a change in kernel as well to help with the signal probs?

I would recommend a change in kernel because of the great custom kernels that have been put out recently by jt1134, nemesis2all, imnuts, and times_infinity. I myself am using times_infinity's ComaVolt kernel and have been getting great all around results. Of course the kernel that will work for you will depend on your particular set up.

Last edited:

dgwood12

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I would recommend a change in kernel because of the great custom kernels that have been put out recently by jt1135, nemesis2all, imnuts, and times_infinity. I myself am using times_infinity's ComaVolt kernel and have been getting great all around results. Of course the kernel that will work for you will depend on your particular set up.

Once again your fascinate experience surpasses my root knowledge for the dinc. Which kernel would you suggest for 2.9.2 SCnv w/DL09 modem and also 2.9.2 SCnv w/EC01 modem? And how are the kernels flashed? Through CWM or odin?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Once again your fascinate experience surpasses my root knowledge for the dinc. Which kernel would you suggest for 2.9.2 SCnv w/DL09 modem and also 2.9.2 SCnv w/EC01 modem? And how are the kernels flashed? Through CWM or odin?

Yup shark is da man

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

dgwood12

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Yup shark is da man

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Agreed, he has been the most helpful forum member I have come across in my time using android, and this isn't even my phone, its my girlfriends :) We could use more people like you over in the dinc forums shark :)

dgwood12

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
How about you DroidXcon, what kernel would you suggest for both of those set ups. Im hoping the EC01 radio fixes the reception problems described above.