Flashing the correct radio?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Once again your fascinate experience surpasses my root knowledge for the dinc. Which kernel would you suggest for 2.9.2 SCnv w/DL09 modem and also 2.9.2 SCnv w/EC01 modem? And how are the kernels flashed? Through CWM or odin?

I guess for nonvoodoo your two best options may be jt1134's kernel or times_infinity's nonvoodoo ComaVolt kernel. Obviously I'm partial to Comavolt as I'm running the voodoo kernel. You really can't go wrong with any of the choices as results can vary greatly from one user to another depending on setups. If you are going to try one, give it a good 2 or 3 days at least to determine if it works the way you would like with your phone set up.

Reactions: dgwood12

dgwood12

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I went with the times_infinity kernel. Everything flashed correctly and im now running SC2.9.2nv, times_infinity kernel and the EC01 radio, ill see how it goes tomorrow. Thanks a million guys! Really, I have a lot of respect for you guys and what you do helping out less experienced like myself. Thank you!

dgwood12

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
It's been a day or two now since flashing the EC01 radio and upgrading to 2.9.2 and the connection problems are fixed. Thanks for all the help guys!

Sent from my Droid Incredible

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It's been a day or two now since flashing the EC01 radio and upgrading to 2.9.2 and the connection problems are fixed. Thanks for all the help guys!

Sent from my Droid Incredible

You're welcome. I've had nothing bout great experiences with times_infinity's voodoo kernel, but I still don't really push people toward it. I think everyone should know what all their kernel options are and try them all to see which works best with their particular setup. (But I'm definitely partial to ComaVolt)