monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I've used this app on and off with two other smart phones. It worked great. Did some reading here to see if it worked with the S7 and Marshmallow. Seems it does. There were closed threads concerning FoxFi talk. Something about stealing/not paying for data. IIRC, using Foxfi/wifi from my Verizon phone used the data on my Verizon plan. So how is this not paying? I just want to be able to access a device while taking road trips that needs wifi. In this case it's an Echo Dot.
Monica

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Your plan has to support tethering -- if it doesn't then you aren't supposed to be doing tethering.

filanto

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I've used this app on and off with two other smart phones. It worked great. Did some reading here to see if it worked with the S7 and Marshmallow. Seems it does. There were closed threads concerning FoxFi talk. Something about stealing/not paying for data. IIRC, using Foxfi/wifi from my Verizon phone used the data on my Verizon plan. So how is this not paying? I just want to be able to access a device while taking road trips that needs wifi. In this case it's an Echo Dot.
Monica

Is wifi Hotspot not included in your plan

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Monica

What plan are you on?

ded1945

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm with Sprint and under my services is listed "Data with mobile hotspot". You might want to log into your Verizon account and check your services and optional services.