Free Stealth Guards for DX: Scam

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I got mine the other day as well in an envelope, same as everyone else.
I already have a SPG crystal on my DX. i got this though as a "body" protector. but i have not installed them yet.
has anyone put them on the body and if so what do you think?

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I got mine the other day as well in an envelope, same as everyone else.
I already have a SPG crystal on my DX. i got this though as a "body" protector. but i have not installed them yet.
has anyone put them on the body and if so what do you think?

I was going to do the same thing. Got mine today and tried it out on the back and did not like it at all. It was very hard to get it off of the backing for one thing, then it was hard to poke the little mic hole out, and then once it was on, it was a little too big for the battery door and was coming up on the edges. Not impressed.

Dustknight

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I do like how the screen protector covered the whole screen not just the viewing part like the ones i got from my Verizon store. I just didn't like how ugly they made the screen look. It wasn't clear.

The battery cover "sticker" doesn't fit and started to peel after coming out the pocket a few times.

What a crappy product really. Glad it was only 2.85!

jkeeley1

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
i hope this isnt a scam >.<

I guess it is kind of a scam. you pay $2.85 for a screen protector and get a .50 cent piece of industrial clear film w/ cuts and an envelope w/ a .44 cent stamp on it. lets assume the cuts cost them .30 cents per set, they make $1.61 profit per set, kinda snake oil but on a very low profit scale.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Just thought I would chime in here, I got bored tonight and thought I would try to install this $2.85 stuff. I used the invisible shield spray and the same method to install as zagg, but the stuff didn't stick. Perhaps the spray is to blame or it is just plain garbage, plus it looked terrible.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
They are awful. They are not meant to be a wet application either. They're just junk. Kudos to stealth guard for figuring out how much money people were willing to throw away.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
They have an install video on their site, they use their own special "install solution". Guess it is different from zaggs.

frh1

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I ordered Stealth Guards on August 10, but never received the product. I just filed a dispute with PayPal. Unfortunately, it has been more than the 45 days that PayPal allows to dispute a transaction. Fortunately, it was only $2.85.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali