Free Tethering??

agnaw

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Setting→wireless&networks→Mobile Networks→Access point names→choose AT&T (free tether).
Then, the hotspot works.

I am a totally rookie for android. My data pakage is $25/2GB. I don't know if I can actually use this for free?
:confused:

maybejim

May 2, 2011
Visit site
thats awesome can anyone confirm if this really does still work?? do i have to be rooted?

From the way I understood it, you don't have to be rooted. I haven't set it up yet, as my schedule has really been full and I'm waiting til I have some time and have gotten a good night's sleep.

May 13, 2011
Visit site
att can see it if they wanted to. To my knowledge there hasnt been a single android user busted for tethering. They are focusing on iphone users. If someone has been handed a notice, please post here.

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes it shows up as a different data connection on your bill so they can tell. However if you don't abuse it I doubt they will be contacting you.

RivKristopher

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes it shows up as a different data connection on your bill so they can tell. However if you don't abuse it I doubt they will be contacting you.

Agree this was my fav. when i worked at att they would call in complaining they got a notice about tethering without paying for the plan and say they never did this yet they used 50G of data right lol

So like he said just don't abuse it!