Free Tethering??

agnaw

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Setting→wireless&networks→Mobile Networks→Access point names→choose AT&T (free tether).
Then, the hotspot works.

I am a totally rookie for android. My data pakage is $25/2GB. I don't know if I can actually use this for free?
:confused:

maybejim

May 2, 2011
Visit site
thats awesome can anyone confirm if this really does still work?? do i have to be rooted?

From the way I understood it, you don't have to be rooted. I haven't set it up yet, as my schedule has really been full and I'm waiting til I have some time and have gotten a good night's sleep.

May 13, 2011
Visit site
att can see it if they wanted to. To my knowledge there hasnt been a single android user busted for tethering. They are focusing on iphone users. If someone has been handed a notice, please post here.

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes it shows up as a different data connection on your bill so they can tell. However if you don't abuse it I doubt they will be contacting you.

RivKristopher

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes it shows up as a different data connection on your bill so they can tell. However if you don't abuse it I doubt they will be contacting you.

Agree this was my fav. when i worked at att they would call in complaining they got a notice about tethering without paying for the plan and say they never did this yet they used 50G of data right lol

So like he said just don't abuse it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirradical